Tom Waits for Dublin (1 Viewer)

is it true that its not really him playing?
friend of mine works for his record label in the states and was telling me he hires doppelgangers to some gigs for him and he knows for sure that the irish gigs are done by a doppelganger!

is it true that its not really him playing?
friend of mine works for his record label in the states and was telling me he hires doppelgangers to some gigs for him and he knows for sure that the irish gigs are done by a doppelganger!

yeah, daft punk and tom waits.

have u booked time off for mastadon by the way?

went to the show lastnite, at first i thought i wouldnt have the best of seats so i was prepaired, but i was so chuffed to fin we were actually middle cantre. sound was mucky for a few songs but was brilliant from then onwards. very relaxed atmospere, except for the ppl who decided to drink so much tht they had to go to loo everyminute, the two lads in front of me got hammered and were asked to leave, which gave me a great view! all in all very good show with very talented backin band, esp the lad who was playin sax an harmonica!

I went to see the Dark knight last evening and when I got out of the movie and checked my phone I had 3 messages. One of you nice folk called me during All the World is Green. I heard it in 3 separate chunks but it sounded lovely. I still want to kick Waits in the shins but I swooned on the other end of the phone.

went to the show lastnite, at first i thought i wouldnt have the best of seats so i was prepaired, but i was so chuffed to fin we were actually middle cantre. sound was mucky for a few songs but was brilliant from then onwards. very relaxed atmospere, except for the ppl who decided to drink so much tht they had to go to loo everyminute, the two lads in front of me got hammered and were asked to leave, which gave me a great view! all in all very good show with very talented backin band, esp the lad who was playin sax an harmonica!

you sure it wasn't you that was/is drunk?

I was in the 4th row of Block B just behind the sound desk and I'd say i was better off there than in the back end of the Block A.

Great show, I'd say the same about the sound being a little distant to begin but improved greatly. The show was knocked up a gear and became otherworldly when he played "Misery is the River of the World" (?)

I was on the end of a row though and my god it was incredible the amount of people getting up to head out. If they hadn't of been stopping people coming in during songs it may very well have ruined the gig. Lads beside us both left three times, they must have been going out for smokes.

I was on the end of a row though and my god it was incredible the amount of people getting up to head out. If they hadn't of been stopping people coming in during songs it may very well have ruined the gig. Lads beside us both left three times, they must have been going out for smokes.

Sounds like everything I hate about gigs. Especially seated ones. I'd have knifed the bastards.

Absolutely magnificent night. I was pretty overwhelmed by it all. Highlights.. so many... Misery is the river...Lie To Me... Rain Dogs...Heart attack and Vine...

...so lucky with the seats, i'm sure it wasn't half as good if you were down the back.

God Bless you Tom.

Ran up to the front for the encore and i have to say i was very jealous of the folks in the first few rows. My brain just couldn't take in the reality of the situation when i could see his lips moving.

When i think of all the songs he didn't play i just want to go back again tonight.

Ran up to the front for the encore and i have to say i was very jealous of the folks in the first few rows. My brain just couldn't take in the reality of the situation when i could see his lips moving.

When i think of all the songs he didn't play i just want to go back again tonight.

That was the thing alright, i just couldn't believe i was seeing him. I had a quite a few moments akin to looking into your loved ones eyes and forgetting everything else in the world just for a little while.

epic gig, but i have to say i was a bit disappointed by a few things. i was sitting in block D and the sound didnt really cut it, although it definitely improved during the gig. Also- one of the things i like most about waits is the way he can change from growler to crooner and back again over the course of an album. during the gig he growled his way through every song and i felt some of the songs suffered, and the lack of variety in his singing was a little monotonous over the 2 hours. the fact i was sitting a a bit away from the stage and not really in the thick of it i guess draws your attention to annoying details though...

having said that, there were some epic moments- the standouts for me were hoist that rag and make it rain with the absolute highlight being 9th & hennepin- fuck me that blew me away, so intense...

Some epic fecking kvetching going on in this thread.

The seating's too plastic, too close, too far. Bar's closed, people are drunk. Tickets are this, tickets are fucking that.
Get over yourselves, ffs.
It's the performance and the music that counts. The rest is just minor details.

Complaining about fucking seating? How fucking middle-aged is that shit? Like people who go on a foreign holiday and come back and tell you about their jaysisin' hotel.
You were at Tom Waits, so shut your fucking moany this-wine-is-corked holes.

I'm off to Mr Waits tonight. A post with appropriate bitching levels on important details will appear here tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back