Tom Cruise (2 Viewers)

Great articles. It really puts Cruise's statement of having no time for spectators into context. You're either in or out. Sheesh, even the Mormons encourage new members to identify themselves as investigators. Also creepy, but still...you can take a bit of time before handing over your cash. On the ball field or out of the stadium. I've been out since I'm 17 and that's where the fuck I'm staying thank you very much!

How the fuck did Nicole Kidman put up with this bullshit?

im sorry if this site has been posted already - but the movie intro thing at the top when the page is loading is one of the most amazing things i have ever seen.

and when the dudes on horses started proudly galloping through the fields - well i near cried from all the emotion. as for the music - i wanted to punch my fist in teh air.

http://www.iasmembership.org/

these scientology fucks are fucking batshit CRAZY.

Quality. I was kinda expecting Tom Cruise to be on one of the horses.

imagead.gif

a mate of mine took one of those Stress tests, and while he was taking it, his girl friend noticed and gave him a massive bollocking for talking to Scientologists.

He was watching the stress-o-meter while she was roaring at him. It didnt move.
He told them their machine was broken.

my brother did one of those stress tests years ago and was getting letters for ages. my dad used to freak out that he was reading them. he thought there might have been some sort of brainwashing technique employed in their construction or how they were worded! ha!

katie holmes by rats of the shining path

good fun!

My favourite part is where he says he is the only person who can help when he passes an accident. Tom Cruise - MD?

Yeah. I am pretty anti religion generally, and extremely anti Catholic religion, and I used to feel that way about Scientology. But, looked at it more I think it is slightly worse than the usual religious nonsense.

Its hard to say exactly why. Everything you say about them is generally replied with "well the Catholics did X too", and its generally a valid argument.

I dunno. I would rate them as being more sinister and dangerous than Opus Dei, who are extremely creepy.

They are a seemingly nasty, litigious, money hungry sort of cult. Their secretiveness also does definitely play a role in my feeling that they are more dangerous than the standard vanilla religions.

I take your point but are they really more dangerous or evil than the catholic church and its institutionalised child abuse, sexual repression, support for facism etc etc
Or Muslims starting wars, chopping off heads and treating women like 5th class citizens etc etc
If you believe in magical men in the sky, you're a loon. Straight up.
Take away the litigiousness and slagging shrinks and they'd still be just as doolally.

They're a tiny organisation that are currently in the spotlight because they have a famous good-looking proselytizer.

I take your point but are they really more dangerous or evil than the catholic church and its institutionalised child abuse, sexual repression, support for facism etc etc
Or Muslims starting wars, chopping off heads and treating women like 5th class citizens etc etc
If you believe in magical men in the sky, you're a loon. Straight up.
Take away the litigiousness and slagging shrinks and they'd still be just as doolally.

They're a tiny organisation that are currently in the spotlight because they have a famous good-looking proselytizer.

That's the thing, as soon as you slag Scientology, someone says Religion X is just as bad. And they are probably right.

But, ok... so, I think... alright look at the ratio of fucked up-ness : number of people in your religion.

There is some fucked up things in Islam, but this is diluted by the number of Muslims.
Most Muslims are cool.

There is a far higher score of fuckedupness : N in Scientology it seems. The fundamentals of Scientology are nuts. As are the fundamentals of Opus Dei.

A fair amount of the fundamentals of Islam are ok.

That's the thing, as soon as you slag Scientology, someone says Religion X is just as bad. And they are probably right.

But, ok... so, I think... alright look at the ratio of fucked up-ness : number of people in your religion.

There is some fucked up things in Islam, but this is diluted by the number of Muslims.
Most Muslims are cool.

There is a far higher score of fuckedupness : N in Scientology it seems. The fundamentals of Scientology are nuts. As are the fundamentals of Opus Dei.

A fair amount of the fundamentals of Islam are ok.

Alright, man.
Let's just both agree that the Cruise vid is fantastic in its bare-balled insanity.

Tom wants psychiatry outlawed.

Classic Tom.

Here, anyone got links to those Letterman & Opera clips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back