Tom Cruise (1 Viewer)

I find it very hard to understand what he's talking about. What's an SP? What's an org?

His heart seems to be in the right place anyway, wanting to help people and all. Pity it's all piffle

From the internets:

*KSW (short for Keeping Scientology Working): A policy written by
Hubbard in the 1960's that requires all Scientologists to follow his
words and his rules exactly.

"Orgs: Orgs is an abbreviation for "organizations" and describes
all churches of Scientology throughout the world.

*David Miscavige: He is the current leader of Scientology.
He's the equivalent of the Pope to the Catholics.

*Out-ethics: any behavior that violates any of Hubbard's
rules of conduct.

*Put ethics in on someone else: make others conform
to Hubbard's rules of behavior.

*Criminon: Scientology front group that tries to recruit through the prisons.

* SP: Suppressive Person. Anyone that doesn't like Scientology and/or criticizes Scientology.

*PTS/SP: another bogus Hubbard term to define behavior that goes
against Scientology rules.

*LRH technology or "tech": all the Scientology policies, rules, mandates, procedures."

Fuck me, its such nerdy bolix.
You must have to be really weak willed to swallow this tripe.
Spoken like a true SP of course

*David Miscavige: He is the current leader of Scientology.
He's the equivalent of the Pope to the Catholics.

???????????????? :eek: :eek: :eek: ?????????????????????

david_mcsavage.jpg

Can you imagine if Tom Cruise's head just exploded at a movie premier? That would be incredible. Or maybe his head burst into flames and he just kept smiling, waving to the fans, calmly walking up the red carpet engulfed in a bright blaze that eventually kills him as he enters the theatre. That would be incredible. Can someone hook that up?

Tom's no crazier than any God-botherer in my book

Yeah. I am pretty anti religion generally, and extremely anti Catholic religion, and I used to feel that way about Scientology. But, looked at it more I think it is slightly worse than the usual religious nonsense.

Its hard to say exactly why. Everything you say about them is generally replied with "well the Catholics did X too", and its generally a valid argument.

I dunno. I would rate them as being more sinister and dangerous than Opus Dei, who are extremely creepy.

They are a seemingly nasty, litigious, money hungry sort of cult. Their secretiveness also does definitely play a role in my feeling that they are more dangerous than the standard vanilla religions.

Its hard to say exactly why. Everything you say about them is generally replied with "well the Catholics did X too", and its generally a valid argument.

Yeah thats true, but the catholic church doesnt do all that much now. Scientology has been linked to murders, blackmail, intimidation and an attempt to overthrow the government of Morrocco (which is kind of badass I have to admit).

But we need more Cruise bashing damnit

http://mirror.randomfoo.net/memes/2005/06/Tom_Cruise_Kills_Oprah.mov

who the hell put that tag there? you know which one. admit it, there'll be rep in it for you. nerds.

edit: ngglglglblblth, i'm assuming it was you

extra edit: oh yeah tom cruise is a weirdo, too

Yeah. I am pretty anti religion generally, and extremely anti Catholic religion, and I used to feel that way about Scientology. But, looked at it more I think it is slightly worse than the usual religious nonsense.

I dunno. I would rate them as being more sinister and dangerous than Opus Dei, who are extremely creepy.

They are a seemingly nasty, litigious, money hungry sort of cult. Their secretiveness also does definitely play a role in my feeling that they are more dangerous than the standard vanilla religions.

As far as I know, the main complaint that 'normal' religious people (Catholics, Muslims, other lads) have about Scientology is that Scientology makes money off its theology.

You pay real money in order to move up the Scientology hierarchy, and in order to have more secret church teachings revealed to you.

The comparison was made that it would be the equivalent of Catholics keeping secret that Jesus Christ was their messiah, and charging you huge amounts of money to attain this knowledge.

The problem they have at the moment is that their entire theology and worldview, which they have striven so hard to keep secret and protect, is now sitting on Wikipedia for anyone to read, in all its nutty glory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back