times for LOW tonight @ ALT (1 Viewer)

I could listen to her all day too :) Her voice is amazing. So natural.

shes probably the best female singer I've ever seen/heard. Her voice does things to me that I can't explain.

I always make a point of standing in front of the part of the stage where she locates herself just to see her in action at close quarters.

But for the encore it was Pissing I was shouting for.

ha we were at opposite sides of the stage :D I wanted to see Alan S's actions in close quarters, lol. Then ended up worrying the shite out of myself!
I'd never used Archive.org before, jesus there's loads of live stuff on it you can stream/download. Savage.

On a slightly unrelated note - I was listening to a bit of a KCRW interview they did, what is up with the hosts (host?) of that show? I have an Elliott Smith interview he did on that show (Morning Becomes Eclectic) and the interviewer is just as bad. His second question for Low was about the weather?!

Nope, no solo stuff :( A few of us shouted for Lullaby though...god I remember reading that in the box set inlay about that song, I was like, what?! I could listen to her all day too :) Her voice is amazing. So natural.

I'd kill to hear Peanut Butter Toast & American Bandstand live.

Yeah, that would be ace. But for me, it would be "The Plan" - possibly my favourite Low track. I actually have dreams of hearing her singing that live.

Also that " I Love.." track from the Box Set.

I love winners when they cry, losers when they try... :)

if you have a look at archive.org you might find them on there, the shows have all the tracks indexed :)

Did anybody go to see them at Witnness (I think it was the first one?) me and Bonsai Superstar were waiting for ages and there was no sign of them, Dirty Three played instead (as in they were on the bill already?) Never found out why they cancelled....

if you have a look at archive.org you might find them on there, the shows have all the tracks indexed :)

Did anybody go to see them at Witnness (I think it was the first one?) me and Bonsai Superstar were waiting for ages and there was no sign of them, Dirty Three played instead (as in they were on the bill already?) Never found out why they cancelled....

Cheers! Must have a look at archive.org later.
Boo on the Witnness no show. Dirty Three are deadly live though. Their version of Neil Young's Down by the River, featuring Mimi on vocals... is unbelievable!

i agree with scutter though... really great set but we were missing a bit of 'pissing'...

(or even 'when i go deaf')

oh, When I go Deaf just makes me want to cry! :( in a good way. (Have we established here I'm the sensitive type ;) )

Regarding Witnness, there is the chance that it was known that they weren't going to be there, but that I just hadn't found out, so it probably wasn't the case that they just didn't bother showing up.

And Jim D - seconded! In the Fishtank is fab. And yeah the Dirty Three were cool live, so it was all good - even if Warren Ellis didn't appear to be wearing any underwear....my eyes have never recovered!!

All of Atlas Sound's recordings are amazing (and there's *loads* out there).... Never seen him play live but yeah, could be hit or miss in that setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back