Thumped Gun Club (2 Viewers)

I was once forced to take part in a midnight deer hunt by several pistol toting rednecks in rural Pennsylvainia. I was assigned the role of the "spotter", whose job it is to point a powerful spotlight, mounted in the back of the pick-up, at any deer that I see. This has the dual effect of illuminating the animal for an easier shot and also freezing the unfortunate beast to the spot, confused and dazzled by the light.
The hunters were a right motley crew, most didn't have shotguns, just powerful pistols and a few semi automatic assault rifles.
I managed to spare a few deers lives, the few that I saw alone. Others were not so fortunate. The sound of an AK-47 screaming only feet away from me, and the sight of helpless animal clinging desperately to life as it body is riddled with bullets is seared in my mind indelibly.
Later that night the carcasses were butchered crudely, and the inbred hicks, several of whom were born with only three toes on each foot, feasted greedily upon the flesh.

I must say though, they made an absolutely outstanding burger.

Spam Javelin said:
I was once forced to take part in a midnight deer hunt by several pistol toting rednecks in rural Pennsylvainia. I was assigned the role of the "spotter", whose job it is to point a powerful spotlight...

Would you be interested in joining the gun club?

Spam Javelin said:
I was assigned the role of the "spotter", whose job it is to point a powerful spotlight, mounted in the back of the pick-up, at any deer that I see. This has the dual effect of illuminating the animal for an easier shot and also freezing the unfortunate beast to the spot, confused and dazzled by the light.

This is called Lamping. They do it with foxes round my way. I was told it's illegal.

La La said:
the more i think of it, i bet Brokeback Mountain masqueraded as a 'gun club' in its fledgling stages

you'd love to be in a gun club;
gun_club_women.jpg

Lefty Frizzell said:
Tell Brian Epstein, maybe he'd be into it.

He's trying to form a band in work now, "Classic Rock & Roll stuff". Again, he'll be the puppet master, dictating the musical direction and visual style and generally maintaining a highly tuned, well oiled musical machine.

Here I am helping him down after he got stuck on top of a fridge:

neiljamesfridge.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back