Thumped daddies (1 Viewer)

got to bed (well, couch) at 5am this morning, then bed at 7.30am. just up now. feel like shit.

BUT she's cooing up at me as i type, so that's ok.

got to bed (well, couch) at 5am this morning, then bed at 7.30am. just up now. feel like shit.

BUT she's cooing up at me as i type, so that's ok.
Fuck. That's nearly eight hours.

Last time I had eight hours sleep was... zzzzzzzzzzz

I did up and down 230 times one night
Pete. Don't do this. Don't count. It really really doesn't help

We are fucking superheroes
Hehe
WE ARE FUCKING SUPERHEROES!
Yeaaaaaah!!!

Another thing I think may be a mistake is thinking you might be able somehow remedy the situation. If you just accept I think you might be better off - I occasionally got it into my head "if we do X it might make her sleep better", and then would drive myself mad trying to do X and trying to make Mrs. egg_ do X too. Fuck. And then become enraged because IT'S NOT WORKING IT SHOULD BE WORKING

Try really hard to remain calm whatever happens. Once you start to crack up even a little bit it's hard to get yourself in order again

Try really hard to remain calm whatever happens. Once you start to crack up even a little bit it's hard to get yourself in order again

That's the best bit of advice on the thread. Just persevere. There's something that will click and then go with it until it doesn't work anymore. Gradually a routine starts to emerge.
At least I think it does.

We've been lucky up until the last month. Teething, travel and solids have meant Bea wakes up two or three times a night. But for a long time she was sleeping through. She's getting better again.
Although another big move is happening at the end of the month!

Personally I put it down to the stuff I mentioned earlier. We saw it being done at a prenatal class and it worked, so we got the book that goes in to all of that and gave it a go. I guess I was being prescriptive because it worked for Bea so I presume it works for a lot of babies.

I should have said it doesn't get them to sleep but it calms them down. Then it's easier to get them to go to sleep.

But then again, I've only got the one kid.

howya pete,
congrats on the babbie.
The dudes here have it right, forget about real sleep for a couple of years and stay well chilled.
10 months into number 2 now - tag team waking up. You get one down to sleep, skulk out of the room, let out the breath you've been holding in, turn for the bedroom...
...and the other one wakes up shouting, which wakes up the first one which makes the last hour of your life worthless.
Water off a duck's back at this stage.
fucking brilliant though...

Don't worry, Pete. It'll pass. My son is 12 now. Every single morning at 8:30am, its, "Sunshine, wake up, its time for school...H., wake up! Time for school!...WAKE UP!!!...WAKE UP!!! H!!! WAKE UP!!!"

He makes me coffee every Saturday and Sunday morning, to wake me up.

Don't worry, Pete. It'll pass. My son is 12 now. Every single morning at 8:30am, its, "Sunshine, wake up, its time for school...H., wake up! Time for school!...WAKE UP!!!...WAKE UP!!! H!!! WAKE UP!!!"

He makes me coffee every Saturday and Sunday morning, to wake me up.

This is why i had kids.

10 years to go. And if i dont get a smoke rolled with my coffee there'll be beatings.

Pete, despite being wrecked, enjoy it all. They grow up so fast. Next thing you know, she'll be giving you attitude and she'll think she doesn't need you as much as she does now.
:confused:

classicfoam.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back