Thumped.com Christmas Extravaganza! (1 Viewer)

Going to THE Christmas Party?

• Ringalingalinga ding dong ding.

Votes: 39 92.9%
  • Bah Humbug.

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
The christmas party

Right so I'm sure you've read the announcement by now.

If not, here it is:
Thumped.com Christmas Extravaganza!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The inaugural Thumped.com Christmas Extravaganza (in aid of a charity to be confirmed in a couple of days) takes place on Wednesday, 18th December in Doyle’s of College Green.

It will be held in two rooms, with live music and DJ's alternating between the two. Neither the bands playing or the people DJ'ing will be announced beforehand. It's Christmas - it's *meant* to be a surprise! Live & DJ sets will be for a maximum of 20 minutes.

This is for charity. Everyone pays in - me, you, the bands and the DJ's. No exceptions.

It's scheduled to run from 8pm until midnight, and as far as I know Nightlink buses will be running that night.

If you're bringing a present (as in a compilation tape or CD-R you've made) then make sure it's wrapped. It'll be put under the tree and you'll be given a numbered ticket. Towards the end of the night the presents will be distributed to all the boys and girls with these tickets.

There will be a raffle held on the night, with some nice prizes (I hope).

Admission will cost you a minimum donation of €5, which includes a raffle ticket. You can of course pay more if you like.

What I need:

Volunteers:
Who'd like to play? Who'd like to DJ? Send me a Private Message if you would. I've already asked a few people to do both, so I don't want anyone to be upset if they ask but don't get to play. Like I said, sets will be for a maximum of 20 minutes, but that's not so that 12 bands & DJ's can play - it's so that people can have a chance to have a bit of a chat. That's why we're doing this, after all.

Raffle Prizes:
Yes, it's time to scrounge. In a couple of days (when the charity is confirmed) I expect everyone here to ask whoever they work for to donate something for a raffle in aid of this charity - whether it's a product, or a voucher, or whatever. I'm not fussy. If there's a good response (and I expect there to be) then I’ll make arrangements to get tickets sold before the night.

Cheap (preferably free) PA & DJ gear:
If you know anyone who rents out this stuff, ask them if they'd like to trade the use of their gear for a night for some free advertising on thumped.com. You know it makes sense.

I'll add to this post as other things come up. You can discuss the Christmas Party here.

Happy Christmas!

Any suggestions?

Some things...

- None of this would be happening if our man Herv hadn't gotten the ball rolling. Well done, that man.

- Some people know some of the details of who's playing. I'd appreciate it if you didn't say it to anyone so we can keep it as a surprise.

- This day next month is Christmas Day! Woooooooo!!!!!!

Originally posted by Admin
Some things...

- None of this would be happening if our man Herv hadn't gotten the ball rolling. Well done, that man.

ah hey, HEY! none of this would be happening if we didn't have this discussion board.

so now.

pete yules.

i love festive puns.

I hope lots of peoples go to this.

And i hope nobody minds me making the raffle compulsory. So it'll be a minimum €5 donation in, ok?

grand.

I knew there was something I forgot to mention.

If anyone else books anything for that night - yore ded.

I'll fucking kill you.

ok?

ok?

ok?

And dudley - i do have the balls.

Originally posted by mazzyianne
Doyles??
Why???
They're cunts, the bouncers are spas, it's small, oh god anywhere but doyles....:( :confused:

It was available, it's cheaper than anywhere else, it has two separate rooms to facilitate the bands / dj thing better.

Tell you what - next time, you pick.

And pay. ;)

yup

But I prefer to think of him as Santa, who just happens to be in Arnotts.

I here theres a get-to-together for all the kiddie's in the creche that day.

You might have some luck there....

eeek

I just remembered that some people might have sent private messages to my 'Admin' account as well as this one (duhhh me) so I checked and there was another 8 or 9 offers to play or DJ.

I'm not going to reply to each one individually cos they'll all say the same thing - "Thanks! You're on the list. I'll be in touch."

So, if you're into playing / DJing then please do PM me, but to save everyone some time I'll say in advance- "Thanks! You're on the list. I'll be in touch."

:)

I didn't realise there'd be this much interest :)

deadly.

oh i hope you all got your spam heehee

Oh yeah and if anyone can sort out a decent sized christmas tree, that'd be ace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back