Thumped Christmas do - Dec 23rd, Crawdaddy (1 Viewer)

Should there be a christmas do this year?

• Total voters
Re: Thumped Christmas do - Dec 22nd, Crawdaddy

your name has reminded me, i was thinking of recutting a scene from predator 2, maybe it would do for crimbo too.

Re: Thumped Christmas do 2004

pete said:
i'll have you know i've been in the office until 12.15 on christmas eve's before....

Yeah, till all the sweets were gone and mrs pete called in to collect you after her early morning shopping. And BTW, it's your turn to buy a bix tin of sweets this year.

Can ye get the Krankies to sing?
(http://robmanuel.blogspot.com/2004/10/krankies-sing-bowie.html)

the bongo said:
hello. if other videoists* help a little i could put together something like a set of visuals for this. a compendium of the year, if you will.

*ah, sure, everybody else too. why not?
Whos bringing the acid?

Any chance of getting actual real DJs to play at it? I vote for a back to back DJ set by Americhord+Decal. The ultimate husband and wife record spinning duo.

Thayl said:
Any chance of getting actual real DJs to play at it? I vote for a back to back DJ set by Americhord+Decal. The ultimate husband and wife record spinning duo.
I second that emotion, but it might be a bit much for people who aren't into electro.... i dunno

Get Tony Fenton to DJ. None of this beard-stroking Commodore 64 shit.
Tony Fenton, or Barry Lang.

Or one of the lads from Dominion.

Thayl said:
Real dj's is part of the plan, yes.

What the f**k'd make you think I'd play electro at a party full of indie kids ;)
It'd be wasted on ye, wasted I tell ye...... :D

If I were organising it I'd have a 50/50 mix of electronic/indie DJs and no bands.

The whole point of the Thumped Christmas Party (correct me if I'm wrong) is for Thumped.com people to meet up and hang out and chat and stuff. Bands don't like it when people are talking to each other while they're playing where as DJs usually don't care as much 'cause they're more interested in making people dance rather than making everybody shut up and look at them play.

Just my own opinion though, the best Thumped meet up I was at was at Bodkins where people were DJing and there weren't any bands.

Nah. remember the Doyes one. It was deadly, the bands and everyone chatted all the way through but it was cool. I could only just about hear TRM but I could tell they were amazing.

veryslowey said:
you should just make it a traffic light partay with an skiffle bnad playing
Or a minstrel. Any minstrels knocking about this weather in dublin? no? wow, that form of music really died a death didnt it...

..i could never imagine why.

cap043.JPG

You're My Mammmeeeeeeeee now.

Thayl said:
this is the best idea yet.
i haven't seen americhord and i'd love to.
i'm very pleased that stunning and jane can make the party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back