Thumped album club (4 Viewers)

Quarterly review time.

We're 3 months in. I'm enjoying it and I reckon we're on the cusp of it getting really interesting (when we get to the more obscure stuff).

Are people getting a bit jaded with it though? Like, the weeks seem to fly by and one album a week can start to feel like a bit much. Do we need a break of a week or 2?

What yis reckon?

PS: I'll have limited internets next week so will probably skip a week (or wait til the following week to catch up).

I'm in the middle of catching up meself. Sorry Joanna Newsom, I may never get round to you.

I reckon we could maybe all do with a week off every now and then, maybe 1 every 8 weeks or so?

I'm still enjoying it too; happy to take a break or carry on. I just haven't liked the last few choices plus I was on holiday so I haven't contributed much recently.

If I recall correctly Joanna is good because her lyrics are "poetry" (what kind of poetry?) and her music could be "classical composition" (uh...what kind of classical music?) and contains "story telling" (wtf??). It's also "sublime", which is something in fairness, and has nice "arrangements" which could be applied to any music that you like.

There was also a comparison to Oscar Wilde, which I am doubtful about being that most of his stuff is pretty funny.

So it was all pretty vague in that thread as well.

but mostly she's not on spotify tbh

If I recall correctly Joanna is good because her lyrics are "poetry" (what kind of poetry?) and her music could be "classical composition" (uh...what kind of classical music?) and contains "story telling" (wtf??). It's also "sublime", which is something in fairness, and has nice "arrangements" which could be applied to any music that you like.

There was also a comparison to Oscar Wilde, which I am doubtful about being that most of his stuff is pretty funny.

So it was all pretty vague in that thread as well.

but mostly she's not on spotify tbh
Someone called her “the sound of gentrified New York” which gave me a chuckle

it's great. life can get in the way some weeks, i had a stag during the jellyfish weekend and am on catch up since but its still exciting getting a new album. i love when people that know about the background have a good long post. someone did one for superunknown that had a couple of good albumfactz.

It's good. No need to go skipping weeks or anything like. I've not been particularly interested in the last two either but that's perfectly ok. I like hearing about why people like particular things and I'm quite happy for them to do so in whatever way they want.

People will drop in and out but I think weekly is fine. I need to catch up on last week and this week but will have more of a chance to do it as things calm down in work.

Where are we at in terms the popularity of the albums selected and that kinda thing? Are there still albums with more than one vote or are we into albums by bands that got votes for several albums?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back