THRICE?? (1 Viewer)

yep, i have one waxwing album, its really good; but you have to eliminate all emo cynicism before listening to it!!!

i could burn it for you and bring it up to the angora static gig?

and i actually think vision of disorder are pretty good... as a tender 14 year old they introduced me to the concept of fucked up time changes

well, the gig isnt till 8th of April, we're playin it with Angora static and Kaospilot. I wont be in Dublin before then unfortunately (except for Thrice but i'll be going back down straight away afterwards)

i've ordered another Waxwing CD so if it comes before then i'll burn that too

stephenoblunt said:
Do you go blue if you pay up? I think I copped that now!

Waxwing are amazing if anyone has seen that wierd film ''the edge of quarrel''
the main protagonist is Rocky from Waxwing... 2 hours of film in black and white about crusties beating up straight edgers... funny

the other ticket weeler bought for thrice was for me. i don't think they're great, their no Thursday but they've a couple of decent songs on the album i have. on the issue of them not being emo, its almost like there's two kinds of emo these days, stuff like Jawbreaker, hot water music, ROS etc. then the likes of Thrice and Thursday which is kind of almost nu-emo. so you can't really say thrice aren't emo, what other genre would they be classed in? (and don't say shite, its too obvious)

im goin to this. does anyone know who's support?? if its crap like on/off or mixtwich i'll be arriving late(ish).

rape the drummer said:
the other ticket weeler bought for thrice was for me. i don't think they're great, their no Thursday but they've a couple of decent songs on the album i have. on the issue of them not being emo, its almost like there's two kinds of emo these days, stuff like Jawbreaker, hot water music, ROS etc. then the likes of Thrice and Thursday which is kind of almost nu-emo. so you can't really say thrice aren't emo, what other genre would they be classed in? (and don't say shite, its too obvious)
M.T.V-mo works for me. Or corporate rock, whatever.

So... some reasons why Vaux sucked major chubby:

1) they looked like the biggest bunch of Calvien Klien poster pretty boys on the planet

2) despite having 4 guitarists they had fuck all stage presence, just stood there pulling rock faces

3) despite having 4 guitarists, every riff was a pile of learner guitar power chord shite

4) the singer stole all his moves from Jordan of Blood Brothers

5) example of song introduction: "this is a song about smuggling drugs"

6) their drummer had 2 different beats

7) their drummer repeatedly twiddled his sticks in the air while playing to impress the stupid 15 year olds in attendance

8) after the gig, i noticed that some cunt had stuck a Vaux sticker on the back of my t-shirt, so i had spent the night endorsing that shit without noticing.. although that part is pretty funny now

9) they were fucking shit and didnt deserve to be supporting Thrice

aaanyway... thrice were grand, but shit sound and the fact that the place was crawling with fuckin 14 year olds kinda ruined it. the highlight for me was elbowing idiotic mini metallers who repeatedly jumped into me in their pathetic attempts to mosh. kids today...

agree with you there alan, still i arrived late, saw vaux, saw thrise aswell. thaught thrise were very quiet. read an interview with vaux ages ago and appearantly dillinger escape plan wanted to bring em on there last european tour. luckily the mighty cult of luna got the tour instead.

the shit sound in the TBMC really took away from it, is there any place in this country that has a good sound system/engineer?

and Vaux defined the sounds made by pigs in shit.

and at the end of one Vaux's songs they got the obligatory applause for a support band, but obviously the singer thought it was because the crowd really got into it cos once they stopped clapping he was like,
"yeah, good song" .... what the fuck like? how arrogant, i was half expecting a "Good night Wembley"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back