Thommann music..anyone bought anything? (1 Viewer)

yep - bought a €700 guitar from thomann last year. it arrived in the post from germany in 3 days!! theyr'e grrrreat. there was some initial flapping about from my side but their customer services guys were very good aswell.

falt rate 23euro thats sound:).I got gibson sg from england last summer.Saved 350 euro on irish lowest price.shipping cost 55euro mind you but seeing as I was already saving so much I didnt mind and I got it couriered straight to work for that price.It also came fully set up as the lad in the shop asked me how i would like it set.It came down a step with the action as low as possible which is exactly what i asked for and the intonation was perfect.even that costs about 50 odd euro here.I think the problem stems from the wholesalers of the equipment in ireland and that is why the shops are so expensive so if an independant shop wants to compete with decent european prices they have to source from abroad which would be initially financially daunting if not impossible for a small retailer to do which sucks but unfortunatly that seems to be the reality.

brian/heathons said:
I think the problem stems from the wholesalers of the equipment in ireland and that is why the shops are so expensive so if an independant shop wants to compete with decent european prices they have to source from abroad which would be initially financially daunting if not impossible for a small retailer to do which sucks but unfortunatly that seems to be the reality.

Wow, what a long sentence. Try saying it without breathing.

i ordered a lovely american fender precision bass off thomann over a month ago and I still haven't got it

had to give them scan of the credit card i was using and then they replied asking for a copy of a bank statement too

i've heard theres a place in dublin city centre called music technology which deals directly with thomann that is more efficient and saves you a bit more money- you collect your stuff there when it arrives
I think the address is www.musictechnology.ie might be worth a look....

still waiting for this bass but you might fare better if your buying something cheaper

I ordered a bass combo from Thomann last year..had to fax off the credit card photocopies as it was over EUR1000 (so they said)..after 6 months and many many phonecalls,emails and faxes, it arrived..and died a horrible buzzin and farting death after one night. Had to send the 36kg box back to them but they sent on a working one two weeks later. maybe it was just bad luck, or a big hint to quit playing.

as far as I know they work with the thomann catologue so you can just call into them or ring them up and refer to that

brian/heathons said:
I'm thinking of buying a Bass head off these folks with my just aqquired tax refund:DHas anyone any experience dealing with this company before I go ahead and order the thing?

il let yoy in on a secret. if you click on the british site on the main page instead of the irish one you will save lots of euro on each purchase and they still ship it to your irish address for no extra cost.. i found this out by mistake. example: check out gibson sg standard on the british site: its 1259 euro. now compare it to the same product on the irish site; its 1329 euro. not too shabby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back