This week's "discotheque" column (1 Viewer)

The 'million euro advance'/loan....is a bit of a overblown exaggeration that as a 'friend' I'd have quite happily pissed away for them had it been true.
I live in hope.

Gullibles Travels can be found in the self-help warm fuzzy section of all good book shops (next to Gideons Bible).

He's dead right, that Carroll fellow. Humanzi were headlining one of the smaller tents at Oxegen, I'd say they got about 100 people at their gig. It was pathetic, especially so given the grandiose entrance they made.

I reckon Humanzi are decent enough. Like The Immediate, I wouldn't be buying their CD or anything but they make a good noise.
That whole scene of Humanzi/The Things/Mighty Stef etc is pretty cool. They all seem to put a whole lot of effort into everything they do.

i dont think you can compare both bands.

seems a little early also to write humanzi off. they just released their album and based on chart positioning hes slating them. i do like humanzi and live they really seem to shine.

the immediate are a totally different breed of chimp. i love them. the album is amazing. they're much better live though. also impressive is the fact they've an average age of 22

interestingly (to me anyhow) out of your humanzis and your immediates and your directors and your marshalls and so on and so forth, its the blizzards, who are based in the midlands, who've actually charted the highest so far.

which made me think you can wear all the leather jackets and hair gel you like, if you don't get the rural folk behind you, you're not going to sell many records in this country

the immediate alum is okay, could do with a fuzz pedal or three to change the sound now and again... still not a patch on their first lo-fi-tastic EP.... IMHO

not a humanzi fan at all, at all, at all. at all.

Yeah...The Blizzards have been playing every Mickey Mouse venue in the country for ages, they're bound to pick up a few more fans. It's a lot to do with what their respective record companies focus is. Fiction thought Humanzi would break in England, and took their eye off the ball here.

why was the other thread locked? was it cause it's a carbon copy of this one, or could potentially have been?
what about our right to repeat ourselves dudley?

why was the other thread locked? was it cause it's a carbon copy of this one, or could potentially have been?
what about our right to repeat ourselves dudley?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back