This new Louis Theroux is heavy (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter tim
  • Start date
  • Replies 128
  • Views 11K
  • Watchers 7
this wasn't nearly as funny as some of his earlier stuff :eek:

if you didn't see it, it was about a state mental hospital in california where sex offenders are transferred and held after completing their prison sentences. it raised a lot of questions about how pedophiles can be treated, whether they should be released into society again and under what circumstances.

it was uncomfortable viewing, that's for sure. thought louis toned down his 'gormless brit' persona too, and he asked some really hard questions.

The bit where they were all singing the addams family theme tune was fantastic.

Does anyone know exactly how the guy with the moustache was castrated?

Does anyone know exactly how the guy with the moustache was castrated?

it was physically as opposed to chemically so i assume he had his nuts removed. i don't think it's comparable to a vasectomy if that's what you're getting at, it's all duck or no dinner.

his was an interesting case...obviously he'd done a lot of dispicable things, but he had served his time (probably not enough in a lot of peoples' minds), took part in the program and ultimately taken that most drastic of steps, so you would have to assume his risk of reoffending was as low as you could almost possibly expect for one of these guys.

One of the maddest things I've ever seen on TV

and the angry guy wondering if the young looking staff member was a plant tot entrap them

all the "positive" 12 step programme speak was like something from the "meeting people" thread

It's almost autobiographical....

They're creepy and they're kooky,
Mysterious and spooky,
They're all together ooky,
The Addams Family.

Their house is a museum
Where people come to see 'em
They really are a scream
The Addams Family.

(Neat)
(Sweet)
(Petite)

So get a witches shawl on
A broomstick you can crawl on
We're gonna pay a call on
The Addams Family.

The main psychologist one was a roaring bitch.
And that invasive test they had to do - crazy stuff. Just didn't sit right with me at all.
I found myself siding with the paedos, to a certain extent.

Hmmmm.

The Addams Family bit was creepy in the extreme.

It raised several questions, answered none - I'm hoping this thread can solve the issue of the treatment of paedophiles after their sentences are complete.

this wasn't nearly as funny as some of his earlier stuff :eek:

Well I don't think it's supposed to be. Weird Weekends and Louis Theroux Meets were exclusively the funny ones. Louis is all serious now.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnBt3IY0jOI"]YouTube - Louis Theroux - A Place For Paedophiles (Part 1 of 6)[/ame]

"The rest of the clips will be uploaded the same time tomorrow.

Originally aired on BBC 2 in the UK on 19th April 2009 (19/04/09) at 9pm.

Part 1 of 6

The broadcaster reports from Coalinga State Hospital in California, home to more than 500 sex offenders, most of whom have already served lengthy prison sentences and have been deemed unsafe for release. During his visit, Louis finds out about a therapy programme run by psychologists who hope to rehabilitate willing participants - but many inmates refuse to take part, with only 13 having completed the course since it began."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back