this monday (march 5) Earth, Mt Eerie & Ô Paon (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 16
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 2

u:m

u:mack
Present
Earth
Plus very Special Guests
Mount Eerie
Ô Paon
Monday March 5
The Button Factory
Tickets €14 From www.tickets.ie/umack
Dylan Carlson's Earth return to Dublin on monday march 5, as part of an excellent triple bill, with Mt Eerie & Ô Paon as special guests.Earth's line up for this performance is guitarist Dylan Carlson and drummer Adrienne Davies, cellist Lori Goldston (Nirvana, David Byrne, Black Cat Orchestra, etc.) and bassist Karl Blau (K Records, Laura Veirs, Microphones, etc.). Earth"The second half of the Angels of Darkness/Demons of Light is at hand and earth are ready to unveil it on the highways and byways of the UK and EU. Recorded in the same 2 week session as produced the first part, Angels of Darkness/Demons of Light II carries on in the freely improvised/folkloric vein of the title track from the last release. Tape was rolled and spontaneous composition occurred. The line-up again consists of Adrienne Davies on drums and percussion(on this release there is more percussion of all sorts), Lori Goldston returns on cello, and Karl Blau plays bass. This marks the first time the band on the record has toured outside of the US west coast in preparation for the album. It again has amazing artwork by Stacey Rozich. Many reviewers have found this half more hopeful and less dark and death oriented than previous work. Song titles include 'sigil of brass', 'his teeth did brightly shine', 'multiplicity of doors' (a waltz!), 'the corascene dog', and 'the rakehell' ( a completely unanticipated direction for earth on this album). The next year will see much touring from earth and some startling solo endeavours from Dylan Carlson."Heavy, lush and melodic, it draws inspiration from folk-rock bands like the Pentangle and Fairport Convention, and the North African Tuareg band Tinariwen. It is deeply textured, interlaced with fluid, nuanced improvisation. Angels acknowledges Earth’s jazz-infused Americana of 2008’s The Bees Made Honey In The Lion's Skull as well as their singular, epic, glacial heavinessMount EerieMount Eerie represents the latest evolution of Phil Elverum’s musical vision. Formerly known as The Microphones, Phil changed his project’s name to Mount Eerie while maintaining his subtle, lo-fi, and lyrically dense fuzz-folk aesthetic. Elverum explained this change in an 2003 interview with Discoder, asserting that “Mount Eerie is a new project. The Microphones was completed, or at least at a good stopping point. I did it because I am ready for new things. I am new.”

Cheers for the reminder. Looking forward to this. Any idea of stage times at all?

From U:Mack's facebuke:

Stage Times for Earth gig tonight. Tickets on door.

O Paon : 8:15 - 8:45
Mount Eerie - 9:00 - 9:30
Earth - 9:45 - 11:15

Yeah, good gig. The pre-"Angels of Darkness" stuff is always brilliant live. Mount Erie's guitar playing was great but the lyrics were abysmal.

Yeah, they were really good. Played the new album, a couple of songs from Phase Three (Harvey) and Pentastar (Tallahassee) and the title track off Bees Made Honey. Love seeing them, hopefully they'll be back again soon.

Phil Eleverum was good as well, I should have gone closer to the front to get away from the chatty fuckers at the sound desk though.

Lovely to see Mt Eerie again, as always. Dude always gets amazing guitar sounds! O Paon was enjoyable too. Didn't realise it was the same woman who did Woelv!

Wasn't very impressed by Earth last night at all at all. Left when they were about to start the encore but wanted to leave loooong before that.

Nowhere near as good as the last couple of times I've seen them.. seemed pretty sloppy, like they were just jamming most of the songs.

Nowhere near as good as the last couple of times I've seen them.. seemed pretty sloppy, like they were just jamming most of the songs.

I thought they were brilliant, possibly the best I've seen them. Certainly a lot better than their last gig in Dublin which was so dead in comparison. I really enjoyed O Paon but Mount Eerie was terrible. I'm not getting the great guitar playing that everyone else in this thread is talking about, I felt like I could go up and do better which says a lot.

I was pleased with Mt Eerie too. Looking forward to these new LPs now. Apparently he bought that Burns guitar in Perfect Pitch earlier in the day.
Earth: yawn (IMO). Left after one song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back