this auld wan that's up the duff (1 Viewer)

La La said:
read the whole thing lazy pants. you might find it informative.

Jane and Ro feel strongly about the abortion issue for different reason's
The abortion issue is complex on a very fundemental level.
Jane can type very fast
glen writes a lot of posts that people might find amusing.
thumped is very opinionated
There's some aul one in england poppin em out.
Abortion discussions suck everyone into them. Strangely, the internet did not in this case solve a problem that's confused people the world over for many many years.

That about right?

Igor said:
On paper, MDR's solution looks more 'fair' by balancing the power more evenly between both parties.

You see I think here's where a fundamental difference lies in the mindset of many people debating on this thread. Ro's suggestion does not look more fair to me on paper or anywhere else, by any stretch of the imagination.

And comparing a woman's body to a car? Well I never!

seanc said:
Jane and Ro feel strongly about the abortion issue for different reason's
The abortion issue is complex on a very fundemental level.
Jane can type very fast
glen writes a lot of posts that people might find amusing.
thumped is very opinionated
There's some aul one in england poppin em out.
Abortion discussions suck everyone into them. Strangely, the internet did not in this case solve a problem that's confused people the world over for many many years.

That about right?

mainly, but you shouldn't have put an apostrophe where I've highlighted.

Check out this car's booty.

car-boot-fit.jpg

La La said:
mainly, but you shouldn't have put an apostrophe where I've highlighted.

The use of the apostrophe is another thing that's confused people the world over for many years.

Wormo said:
You see I think here's where a fundamental difference lies in the mindset of many people debating on this thread. Ro's suggestion does not look more fair to me on paper or anywhere else, by any stretch of the imagination.
It only looks fair on paper, that's my point. If you see the situation as simply a power struggle between what the the sides want and completely remove the implications and physical/emotional realities then it appears that a woman is more likely to win the power struggle under the current legislation, whereas Ro's suggestion evens the playing field a little by giving more power to the man but at the unacceptable (to me) price of forcing a woman to give birth against her will.

Wormo said:
And comparing a woman's body to a car? Well I never!
Now that's just obstinately misreading what I said :eek:; the car was secondary, the analogy was about driving and control.

edit: this thread has relaxed a little but i'm still wound up, excuse the touchiness

pete said:
You mean like this sort of thing?

What, like if we discuss gender, we have to pretend this isn't true? Because it is.

There are perceptions of men that are harmful, too, like that all men want to control all women, or that machismo is the highest form of manhood.

The only way to actually STOP pitting everyone against each other is to acknowledge that all of this is not taking place in some sort of social, political and historical vacuum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back