this auld wan that's up the duff (2 Viewers)

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
The woman did not grow the 'organism' in her womb herself - it was done through a consensual act by two people. To undo that act you should need the consent of both people. That's my view. It's not a question of control. If the woman had created the foetus herself it would be none of the man's business.

On the legal question, if a woman, who had become pregnant through consensual act, had an abortion without the father's consent, the father would have a right to legal recourse in terms of damages. Jane you keep asking for my view on this even though you know it won't change your mind one bit.

You are still avoiding the fact that the woman has to carry and give birth to the child. You cant argue for totally equal say when it comes to something that has such different effects on the two people.
No matter how many people were involved equally in making the baby/organism/foetus

would it matter if i thought you were all wrong?

Has sperm been devalued by society? have i any return on my investment?

desertedvillage said:
You have such a black and white way of looking at this, you come across as naive.
kirstie & Jane already pointed out how stressful pregnancy is. Women have hearts and brains as well as wombs. Have you thought for a moment what happens when the baby is born? Ever listen to a mother talking about it? You've heard parents (both sexes) say how they changed forever the moment they saw their child right?
A cocktail of hormones no man can understand comes on stream the moment a woman holds her child.
Women are biologically designed to fall in love with, kill and die for their newborn babies. It's not just a matter of taking 4 weeks off work, dumping the sprog and getting on with life.

You're asking a women to go through the stress of 9 months of an unwanted pregnancy, the agony of giving birth when she didn't feel ready and then to reconcile the rational part of her brain that doesn't want a kid with the perspective-changing experience of childbirth. Do you actually think any woman would just go "I have no feelings for my newly-born kid, just courier it to the fathers house. Tell him/her not to try to look me up when they turn 18." Can you imagine the guilt?, The mixed emotions.

You haven't thought this through at all.

Read my earlier thread explaininng how I come from a family of 8 kids, have seven nieces and nephews, have three sisters who have been pregnant. In other words I've seen plenty of what a woman has to go through and don't need a lecture from you.

Delivery....

119101EKMJ_w.jpg

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
Read my earlier thread explaininng how I come from a family of 8 kids, have seven nieces and nephews, have three sisters who have been pregnant. In other words I've seen plenty of what a woman has to go through and don't need a lecture from you.

What does having sisters have to do with this, apart from the fact that you see witnessing second-hand their pregnancy experiences as the only valid experiences of womanhood?

jane said:
What does having sisters have to do with this, apart from the fact that you see witnessing second-hand their pregnancy experiences as the only valid experiences of womanhood?

You'd be embarrassed if you knew how wrong you were about this.

jane said:
UH OH. SOMEONE CALL A TAXI.

waterfall-crystal-creek-2.j.jpg

ok, knees to chest. we want you to bear down and PUSH, that;'s good, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 aaaaaaaaaaand 10. ok another contraction? bear down aaaaaaaaaaaand push

etc, etc

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:

No, I'm saying that you are equating having three sisters with knowing what it's like to be a woman, or at least being able to understand a woman's experiences. You can no more do that than I can understand what it's like to be a man.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:

I suggest you talk to some of these womby women and ask if they would be cool with someone else being LEGALLY ALLOWED to force them to carry a child they didn't want.
just to see, out of interest.

people, you can change the amount of posts per page to a maximum of 40. Thus this thread only has 12 pages on my internets...

jane said:
Well, to be honest, I think being asked to prove that sexism in society is still rampant and present in all sorts of unexpected places is a bit of a pain. I'm really tired of having to do that. If you agree that it's present, then what you're asking me to do is a bit patronising.
So "people think women are whores and liars" is, for you, equivalent to saying "people are sexist"? That strikes me as bizarre

I mean, if you agree that the problem is everyone's problem, then why blame me for it? Just because I get impassioned on an internet message board?
I'm not blaming you for anything except insulting people who don't deserve it, and refusing to acknowledge that it matters

jane said:
No, I'm saying that you are equating having three sisters with knowing what it's like to be a woman, or at least being able to understand a woman's experiences. You can no more do that than I can understand what it's like to be a man.

I know whats its like to be a woman. and it aint easy.

BIO9.150dpi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back