Think Friends is Shit? (1 Viewer)

the thing with Friends is:

- my ex used to watch it, and i'd sit there and ask "how do they afford their apartment?" and "where are the black people?", you know, shit like that...
- who DOESN'T want to cave in David Schwimmer's head with a fucking shovel?
- it had/has absolutely NO edge to it; basically, it was/is a celebration of banality, and i can't get over that fact - it has raised an entire generation of boring vanilla housewives-to-be

Brian Conniffe said:
Seinfeld however, i have never "got". i just find it extremely irritating. and that fucking bass guitar in between every scene drives me up the wall. nope, not for me.

I was just about to start a thread asking about Seinfeld but I'll just do it herre instead.

What am i missing???

I just don't get it. At all. At Allllllllllllllllllllllllll

Edit: oops didn't realise there was a second page to this thread. Anyway, I've watched, or at least tried to watch it a few times but meh... It just doesn't make me laugh, or even grin.

FancyGoods said:
two out of three of the eligible cast of friends would get it from fancy. Mainly Courtney Monica

she is definately the hottest. unlike most people i know, i cannot fucking stand jennifer aniston, she doesnt do it for me at all. the voice is the sensory equivalent to me of a hangnail caught on nylon.

Wilbert said:
This is interesting. There is no way that you can hate Friends as much as you say if you still find yourself watching complete episodes.I don't think you hate friends, I think that you hate the fact that you like Friends!

Now, that's clever!

being furiously angry keeps me from falling asleep

chutneyfarmer said:
I was just about to start a thread asking about Seinfeld but I'll just do it herre instead.

What am i missing???

I just don't get it. At all. At Allllllllllllllllllllllllll

Edit: oops didn't realise there was a second page to this thread. Anyway, I've watched, or at least tried to watch it a few times but meh... It just doesn't make me laugh, or even grin.
The trick (i found) is to watch three or four episodes back to back with people who actually dig it. If you're watching it alone, you're able to stew in your "bloody new yorkers are such ponces" type vibe, but other people's enjoyment melts that ice pretty quickly.

Oh and hint: You're not really meant to like any of the characters, well, not all the time anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back