things youd miss about dublin if it were destroyed by a justly wrathful god some time (1 Viewer)

Re: things youd miss about dublin if it were destroyed by a justly wrathful god some

I would miss the pubs and the friendly yapping people.

Re: things youd miss about dublin if it were destroyed by a justly wrathful god some

I would miss the prompt replies on Irish forums at all times of night. :eek:

if dublin was destructed i'd miss thumped.

hold on..is the thumped server even in dublin...?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Dublin is the best place on the planet (New York is). But if you can't find a million deadly things to do, you're not really looking very hard. As for the comments about the people who live in 'inner-city-low-income-high-density-housing'*, that's a feature of every city, including New york (New York is not just Manhatten you know).

*I once stood in a queue ahead of a toffee-nosed snob who used this elaborate and patronising euphemism for inner city kids.

nah, it was the buttery bar that closed in trinity. it's still used for college events but you can't get a drink there anymore.

'ckinell. another bit of my misspent youth gorn forever. that said, it was kind of a shithole, but it was cheap, and where i had my first pint of guinness.

things i would miss about dublin: the botanic gardens, the chester beatty, the iveagh gardens on a summer afternoon, various lovely pubs

the strange moving crib and stuffed dog.they have up near pranell square
only there around christmas go see it should be up soon.cant wait i love to bring forgeiners to see it and watch their face.:eek:

A couple of people, that's about it.

Likes: Some of the pubs, old buildings, churches, the way the city is easy enough to traverse on foot, the liffey boardwalks in summer and in winter, bumping into friends at random, foxy irish/asian/african/south american/north american/australian/Western European/Eastern European cailíní, the luas, the GPO, vikings, most cab-drivers, most buskers, Carroll's of Dublin, the smoking ban, the Phil Lynott statue, the christmas decorations on Henry Street and Grafton Street and various other streets, the independent record stores, the harmless bowsies, the history, the literary pretensions, the musical pretensions, China/Korea Town on Parnell Street, the kindness of a significant proportion of the populace, the plethora of plaques commemorating long forgotten historical figures or events, the rhyming ephitets for monuments, "prick with the stick", "tart with the cart" etc, the sense of being in the future and the past all at the same time.

Dislikes: the tinderbox nature of having thousands of drunken eejits (like meself) concentrated into a relatively small area of an average Friday or Saturday night, full Dublin Buses that won't stop for you, Nitelinks not having change, most bouncers, most gardaí, superpubs and clubs, how packed the aforementioned superpubs and clubs are allowed get at the weekends. Stardust part 2 here we come. The traffic, the rudeness of a significant proportion of the populace, toilet attendents (especially in cramped jacks), the homogeneous nature of most Dublin shops, random violence, the expense, and eh that's about it.

Likes: Some of the pubs, old buildings, churches, the way the city is easy enough to traverse on foot, the liffey boardwalks in summer and in winter, bumping into friends at random, foxy irish/asian/african/south american/north american/australian/Western European/Eastern European cailíní, the luas, the GPO, vikings, most cab-drivers, most buskers, Carroll's of Dublin, the smoking ban, the Phil Lynott statue, the christmas decorations on Henry Street and Grafton Street and various other streets, the independent record stores, the harmless bowsies, the history, the literary pretensions, the musical pretensions, China/Korea Town on Parnell Street, the kindness of a significant proportion of the populace, the plethora of plaques commemorating long forgotten historical figures or events, the rhyming ephitets for monuments, "prick with the stick", "tart with the cart" etc, the sense of being in the future and the past all at the same time.

Dislikes: the tinderbox nature of having thousands of drunken eejits (like meself) concentrated into a relatively small area of an average Friday or Saturday night, full Dublin Buses that won't stop for you, Nitelinks not having change, most bouncers, most gardaí, superpubs and clubs, how packed the aforementioned superpubs and clubs are allowed get at the weekends. Stardust part 2 here we come. The traffic, the rudeness of a significant proportion of the populace, toilet attendents (especially in cramped jacks), the homogeneous nature of most Dublin shops, random violence, the expense, and eh that's about it.

I really like that, almost brought a tear to my eye,it really did.....
...particularly the part about foxy women...

I like The Scientitian's lists a lot. Dublin is great! I think people who bemoan it are taking for granted how good they've got it. There are lots of things to do and places to go in this city all the time, big and small bands from around the world rarely skip Dublin when touring, we have tons of brilliant shops and you're never far from a great boozer. While it may not be grandiose or hugely impressive to look at it, it is pretty with lots of lovely and interesting places and buildings. And our aiport has the loveliest vibe ever at Christmas time.

I don't like how expensive things can be.
I don't like that restaurants put emphasis on style over substance and that the few places that do genuinely good food think it gives them license to charge downright insulting prices.

For those of you who bemoan Dublin, ye should try living in Bangor North Wales.

I never wanna live in Dublin again.

I think an unjustly wrathful god has already came cos in one year we lost red ink, the lower deck and the seomra spraoi on middle abbey (altho everythings grand now thank god).

That fellow with the eye-patch that hangs around rathmines and kiimage.And for that matter, seems to appear at any time at any place.Looks like a bond-villian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back