things youd miss about dublin if it were destroyed by a justly wrathful god some time (2 Viewers)

Re: things youd miss about dublin if it were destroyed by a justly wrathful god some

But you will meet them, or their local equivalent, in pretty much every city in the world...
i disagree Squiggle, not every city had little scumbags like this that thrive on being a stereotype and are not only an embarrasment to society but offensive to look at. maybe that its such a small city so such a high rate of little fuckers seems like loads. in a bigger city, there'd seem to be less of them. id like that. or not. i havent decided yet. anywho, im off to work

Re: things youd miss about dublin if it were destroyed by a justly wrathful god some

Yeah, NYC for instance doesnt really have those little scumbag shites.

I sort of miss Dublin living out here though. There is a lot of nice buildings there.

Emm if I had to pick one thing I think it would be the South Wall / Poolbeg lighthouse. I used to always walk out that when I wanted a bit of peace. Or go out fishing off it.

And The Blue Light pub (used to be at least) deadly.

i disagree Squiggle, not every city had little scumbags like this that thrive on being a stereotype and are not only an embarrasment to society but offensive to look at. maybe that its such a small city so such a high rate of little fuckers seems like loads. in a bigger city, there'd seem to be less of them. id like that. or not. i havent decided yet. anywho, im off to work

i think that dublin is suffiecntly small that scumbags appear omnipresent as were all chucked into the same small city centre. In a bigger city theyd all live in the one place

Yeah, NYC for instance doesnt really have those little scumbag shites.

No, but NYC has it's own socially maladjusted people... Maybe they don't hang out in midtown manhattan...

i think that dublin is suffiecntly small that scumbags appear omnipresent as were all chucked into the same small city centre. In a bigger city theyd all live in the one place

This is true. Dublin is tiny... hence the phenomenon mentioned by a few people where you seem to always randomly meet people you know.

I haven't yet visited a city that didn't have its fair share of hooligans or trouble makers - or social outcasts. As a visitor you don't tend to notice them in the beginning... especially not if you keep to the better areas, as most visitors do.

Up around the 100's in New York is interesting, as an example.

not every city had little scumbags like this that thrive on being a stereotype and are not only an embarrasment to society but offensive to look at.

edit- groooooooooooaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn

I'm really beginning to dislike the vibe on this forum.

I think Dublin's a cool city. Apart from the lack of gig venues and bicycle paths.

i hate Dublin being my nearist big city. i think theyres loads of way better cities to live in. now, dont get me wrong, dublin isnt the worst city (Cairo is a kip. A KIP!) but, why live here when i could be livin somewhere better!

Cairo's fucking deadly! I wish Dublin had half the character and half the
heat . Although the smell of diesel in Cairo is a bit much.

No, but NYC has it's own socially maladjusted people... Maybe they don't hang out in midtown manhattan...

Oh Jesus yeah. Nutcases all over the shop. No, I didnt mean that it was all dead on sane people. Just that the little gurrier kids are not here really for some reason.

Honestly... if I had to live out my life in NYC or Dublin, I would chose Dublin. NY is great, and in the summer you have to love it. Sitting out having a meal in the evening warmth. But, if anyone is seriously not loving Dublin for what it is, its their problem, not the cities. Copenhagen is another great city. And Bergen in Norway is another.

I love Dublin. I never really realised how much I would miss it till I moved away.

Oh Jesus yeah. Nutcases all over the shop. No, I didnt mean that it was all dead on sane people. Just that the little gurrier kids are not here really for some reason.

Honestly... if I had to live out my life in NYC or Dublin, I would chose Dublin. NY is great, and in the summer you have to love it. Sitting out having a meal in the evening warmth. But, if anyone is seriously not loving Dublin for what it is, its their problem, not the cities. Copenhagen is another great city. And Bergen in Norway is another.

I love Dublin. I never really realised how much I would miss it till I moved away.

Well, I get yet another chance to decide how I feel about New York in a little over a week. I've mostly liked it on my previous visits.

Dublin is great though. I lived here for 6 years... then moved away and spent a year travelling which was great... but I am glad to be back in Dublin - I missed it.

dublins a preetty good city alright,big but not too big either (if you know what i mean) nothing in particular that id miss,just the city itself.and having said all that id happily move abroad!
also read recently that the pavilion bar in trinity is closing soon,sorry guys.

dublin is deadly. yes, it has its problems, but what fucking city in the world doesn't?
dublin has a particularly distinct and very lovable character about it. there are so many things i miss about it when being away from it that it's the whole and not the parts i can put my finger on.
a place is what you make of it.

deafmute said:
dublins a preetty good city alright,big but not too big either (if you know what i mean) nothing in particular that id miss,just the city itself.and having said all that id happily move abroad!
also read recently that the pavilion bar in trinity is closing soon,sorry guys.

The bar is shit. Horrible staff too I always found.
It's the drinking cans outside that's good.

The bar is shit. Horrible staff too I always found.
It's the drinking cans outside that's good.

never even been myself,just hear looads of people raving about it.too pretentious for my type ;)

bad-chav-gags.jpg

"story bud?"

Well, I get yet another chance to decide how I feel about New York in a little over a week. I've mostly liked it on my previous visits.

Dublin is great though. I lived here for 6 years... then moved away and spent a year travelling which was great... but I am glad to be back in Dublin - I missed it.

Oh yeah? So what are you going to be living here or just a holiday?
Bring some warm clothes there, and you will be sound. I like where I work the most, the East Village and all around there. Kewel so it is. Loads of little shops, and bars and things.

never even been myself,just hear looads of people raving about it.too pretentious for my type ;)

bad-chav-gags.jpg

"story bud?"

Even money says that lad is a virtuoso on the Banjo.

edit- groooooooooooaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn

I'm really beginning to dislike the vibe on this forum.

I think Dublin's a cool city. Apart from the lack of gig venues and bicycle paths.

Ill give you bad vibes!!

ah would ye feck off. just that that element gets on my tits. thatd be the main issue. maybe i dont spend enough time in town on the pretense that im not mad on it.

more venues would be cool.

Cairo's fucking deadly! I wish Dublin had half the character and half the
heat . Although the smell of diesel in Cairo is a bit much.

cairo was the most polluted city id ever seen. its not diesel, its leaded petrol that all those early 80s cars emit over there. craziest drivers ive ever seen too. so smoggy ye couldnt see anythin. the rubbish was shocking. streets of rubbish. dead horses in the canals etc. rats EVERYWHERE. however, for the most part, people-wise, yeah, cool. pitty their government is even more corrupt than ours, rich county but the poverty is unreal!!
i do like Dublin in the summer, though summer is great in alot of places

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back