Things that rocked my world this week... (1 Viewer)

outsider post.

bottle rocket = brilliant. best scene of somebody running to rolling stones 2000 man put onto film .(owen wilson, quite like scene from royal t. )

storytelling - film sounds a bit shite, but going to see b&s play the soundtrack on sunday - oh the european boasts.

Originally posted by happy
yeah? well you're too posh in yourself. how do you like them apples?

Do you think those poor starving Ethiopians would've like those apples...the apples they could have bought with that stolen Mission money!

Say 3 Hail Marys and 2 Our Fathers.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name,
thy kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth, as it is in heaven,
give us this day,
our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those,
who trespass against us
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name,
thy kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth, as it is in heaven,
give us this day,
our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those,
who trespass against us
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Attachments

• jesuspray.jpg
    jesuspray.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 203
Originally posted by The Chilli King
In the Bedroom was fucking great too.
I was told it was amazing so I went to the shop and rented it... it turned out to be a BORING and depressing story of this family who had the son shot by his date's ex-husband and fought in court to send the assassin to jail...

I was SO fuckin' disappointed.... was that the wrong movie????

Best movie ever: The Usual Suspects
Thing that rocked my life last week: bought a PS2, it's fanfuckingtastic! .|..|

Any games you would recommend?

Final Fantasy X, fantasy RPG with massive character development and such like, you'll either love it or hate it. I've been plating it for 120 hours and still have loads to finish off in it.

Deus Ex 3rd person shooter with loads of gadgets and stuff to tinker around with.

Medal of Honour, 3rd person shooter that’s the absolute shit

Wipeout fusion, space racy thing with beautifully smooth graphics and great sound track

Grand Theft Auto 3 BRILLIANT. What other game can you pick up a prostitute to replenish your health, drive to a secluded spot, and watch the car rock as your health goes up? Beating grannies about the place with a baseball bat is also a laugh. (I'm not a freak, just try the game)

If you're into car games get Gran Tourismo 3. Football games=ProEvolution Soccer

Originally posted by Alex
Any games you would recommend?

Tig under-arm. My favourite game once. Or tig-up.
Or swingball. You don't even need a TV

egg_'s film ratings:
Vanilla Sky = very good
Lord of the Rings = very disappointing
Monsters Inc. = very good

Something NOT rocking my world - alarming deterioration in the power of my left ear, accompanied by big increase in tinnitus. Must go to the doctor

I was told it was amazing so I went to the shop and rented it... it turned out to be a BORING and depressing story of this family who had the son shot by his date's ex-husband and fought in court to send the assassin to jail...

I was SO fuckin' disappointed.... was that the wrong movie????

No it's the right movie only you make it sound like a courtroom drama ( I hate courtroom dramas )
I rented it not knowing anything about the film and found it to be a very tender story about the breakdown of a family unit. A lot like 'The Sons Room' only more desperate.
Maybe I just like to see people depressed.

Originally posted by The Chilli King
No it's the right movie only you make it sound like a courtroom drama ( I hate courtroom dramas )
I rented it not knowing anything about the film and found it to be a very tender story about the breakdown of a family unit. A lot like 'The Sons Room' only more desperate.
Maybe I just like to see people depressed.

Dunno, probably I expected something different and *VERY* good considered all the positive critics but I found it quite banal... and I hate depressing movies! On the other hand it was well done

Dunno, probably I expected something different and *VERY* good considered all the positive critics but I found it quite banal... and I hate depressing movies!

But thats how you win Oscars. Make people cry. If they cry it means they were moved, which means it must be good eh? Look at Spielberg, what a great director he was till he decided that making people cry was a great way to win oscars. Now he's shit. Depressing movies are much the same as depressing music, alot of foneyness for a cheap emotional response. "Shhh....you can't say it's rubbish the artist is opening his/her heart....oh, its so sad......sniffle.....boo hoo"!bog

Originally posted by Speed Racer

Look at Spielberg, what a great director he was till he decided that making people cry was a great way to win oscars. Now he's shit.

what about minority report, meal of honor (yes, the video game, which he 'co-wrote'), men in black II (producer), pinky and the brain (executive producer), jurassic park etc...

not exactly weepies are they

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back