Things that rocked my world this week... (4 Viewers)

Originally posted by Beanstalk

with Luke & Owen Wilson (I think it was written by Owen Wilson?)...are they brothers?

Yes they are, and handsome devils too.

You're right about storytelling. Such a dissapointing waste of time. None of the tension of aaarrrrrgggghhh that was spilling over in Happiness.

Last night I watched Rockstar, the most predictable (and enjoyable) piece of crap I've seen in a long time. It's basically an 80's metal version of Boogie Nights that smacked of the true life story of the singer from Judas Priest being replaced by the singer from a Judas Priest cover band. Top notch stuff.

In the Bedroom was fucking great too.

Re: Stand up if you hate Tom DeCillo

Originally posted by Anne OMalley

At this stage film is a doddery old fucker in a wicker chair wittering on nostalgically. You can smell the piss off most cinema a mile away once you get a nose for it.

you could prolly make a similar point about most 'art' forms these days. music, cinema etc. etc.
it's all about the bejamins

Originally posted by The Chilli King

Last night I watched Rockstar, the most predictable (and enjoyable) piece of crap I've seen in a long time. It's basically an 80's metal version of Boogie Nights that smacked of the true life story of the singer from Judas Priest being replaced by the singer from a Judas Priest cover band. Top notch stuff.

I loved that film too but didn't tell anyone. Wasn't the plot loosely based on Bruce Dickinson being temporarily replaced in Iron Maiden by an unknown singer for a short time in the 80s? And the singer from Judas Priest turning out to be gay?

Jason Bonham was the drummer in the band. .|..|

I love films about bands no matter how crap they are:

Still Crazy: loved it
That Thing You Do: loved it
Birth Of The Beatles: loved it (that was total chrapp)

Originally posted by P. Littbarski

what hasn't rocked my world...seeing michael moore and Hamza Yusuf Hanson talking the most sense out of all media people about american foreign policy etc. at the moment on question time last night and being ignored by senators, sedretarys for defence because they were talking sense and telling the truth...this did not rock my world.

Yep!... totally agree with you there Pierre. The only reason why America holds the such sway in international politics is because they are the only country that has used a nuclear bomb on a civilian population.... and since that everyone is scared shitless of what they will do.....

Currently listening to Plaid's album (just got it!) and the Sonar 2002 ceedee. I also bought "Teenagers From Outer Space" on DeeVeeDee on Amazon.com.... can't wait!!!!!

Was that the one with Nick Cotton as George Harrison?

not sure, there was that and Backbeat, which was just okay because it was all about Stu Sutcliffe and his romance with Astrid Poloneck. boooooooooring, who cares about love stories? love schmove.

Last night I watched Rockstar...

The strangest thing...

You know that song that Mark Wahlberg's character in Boogie nights recorded..."You've got the touch...you've got the power!".

Well I arrived early at the cinema a while back and they played it before the film, where you'd normally expect to hear elevator music like the Phil Collins or Westlife.

T'was very bizzarre. I'm sure there was a nerdish buff in the projection room laughing inside.

Originally posted by happy
i saw monsters inc. last night. i thought it was amazing. anyone else seen it?

Coincidentally, I saw it last night too. You're not my girlfriend are you?

I thought it was class...I've heard average reviews from people, but I thought it was up there with Shrek and Toy story. The story itself was brilliant, and the animation was so subtly used.

i was just so surprised ... i had many many emotions well up inside me while i was watching it instead of simply wanting to smash the tv...
when boo saw kitty being scary ... my heart just melted. and when she trusted him again, i started jumping up and down screaming "YAY!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!" and i had a huge grin on my face. and i stayed smiling for at least an hour after the film. that means it's a good film, right? right?

I saw Glitter last night

well done, Mariah, what a fabulous bag of shit you produced, starred, and apparently costume 'designed'

the night before that I saw Monsters Inc. on the DaViD format. I'd like to say I thought it was grate but I spent the entire thing guzzling whine and talking loudly so I should probably watch it again

guzzling booze and talking loudly? NEVER!!! ;)

Originally posted by kirstie

the night before that I saw Monsters Inc. on the DaViD format. I'd like to say I thought it was grate but I spent the entire thing guzzling whine and talking loudly so I should probably watch it again

what, Halle's Comets? (Has this joke been made? If not (c) me, 2002, all rights reserved)

Originally posted by happy
i was just so surprised ... i had many many emotions well up inside me while i was watching it instead of simply wanting to smash the tv...
when boo saw kitty being scary ... my heart just melted. and when she trusted him again, i started jumping up and down screaming "YAY!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!" and i had a huge grin on my face. and i stayed smiling for at least an hour after the film. that means it's a good film, right? right?

Ahhhh, Bless

Rockin- TMBG "no" enhanced childs Cd. Its deadly, if you're into FLash have a look at it. Then give up.

Rockstar is ok. Yer wan from friends is crap in it. She just acts Rachel. Not a patch on Almost Famous. Of one the best rock scenes in a film is the bit in "detroit rock city" chen they finally get to the concert. The rest of the film is CRAP.

Dying to see Monsters Inc. whay i didn't go to the cimnea I'll never know. I presume its out on video. I'll have to search past the million copies of Harry Potter and Lord Of the Rims and Titanic in the local vid shop to find it.

btw is Rims any good? Do you have to be into that shit to enjoy it.

Not Rockin ; Scrubs is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back