Things I should have known before now... (5 Viewers)

george h. w. bush was shot down in WWII over an island in the pacific, and was one of the few american servicemen shot down over this island who was not cannibalised by japanese officers; he was successfully rescued before he fell into enemy hands.

george h. w. bush was shot down in WWII over an island in the pacific, and was one of the few american servicemen shot down over this island who was not cannibalised by japanese officers; he was successfully rescued before he fell into enemy hands.

Is this thread about making stuff up?

that's true.

BRADLEY: You always hear the phrase, "against the Geneva Convention." That the Japanese did disobeyed the Geneva Convention. Ridiculous, they didn't consider the Geneva Convention. When the emperor declared war on the United States, he specifically left out any mention of honoring international agreements.

ZAHN: Without international protections, Japanese officers on Chichijima, like Major Suo (ph) Matoba were able to commit crimes so horrible, they hadn't even been specifically outlawed in the rules of war.

BRADLEY: And in this guy's twisted, brutal mind, the Japanese spirit could be fed, could be heightened by the killing of American POWs. And then subsequently, actually consuming their livers in terms of getting the spirit out of the enemy.

ZAHN: By the war's end, eight flyers had been killed on Chichijima, most by beheading. After many executions, a Japanese doctor was brought in.

BRADLEY: The doctors had to cut open the American on the orders of an officer, even though they found it very objectionable and did not want to perform this type of thing.

ZAHN: Matoba was most interested in the Americans' livers.

BRADLEY: He would have these livers prepared and cut up into tiny bits. You really didn't know what the meat was. And he would serve it at parties, and serve it onto other officers who were eating it unknowingly.

ZAHN: After Japan's surrender, Matoba faced capital charges at a war crimes trial on Guam.

BRADLEY: Immediately at the end of the war, he asked everyone to cover up. He was embarrassed by his behavior. And he apologized in the course of the trial, but the facts were the facts, and he was hung.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0312/20/cp.00.html

http://www.cracked.com/article_20117_the-5-creepiest-stories-in-history-war_p2.html - #1 on that page.

A Canadian/American is called a 'Cando-American'

So , is that like an American but with more vim?

Sweets that look yummy in Asian Food Markets are never actually yummy.
I'm not exactly sure what I put in my mouth but it did not taste good nor was it chocolate.

OK this isn't something I should have known but i found it mind blowing.

The island of Java is 50% bigger than the island of Ireland on which most of us live.

Ireland has a little over 6 million people while Java has 140 million people.

How the fucking fuck?

OK this isn't something I should have known but i found it mind blowing.

The island of Java is 50% bigger than the island of Ireland on which most of us live.

Ireland has a little over 6 million people while Java has 140 million people.

How the fucking fuck?

It happens, Manhattan has 1,585,873 living in a land area of 22.96 square miles Which is a bit like everyone in Dublin moving to Tallaght.

Sweets that look yummy in Asian Food Markets are never actually yummy.
I'm not exactly sure what I put in my mouth but it did not taste good nor was it chocolate.

It was like placenta with chocolate powder sprinkled on top, in a bad way.

Not that I should have known this but I just came across it...

If you're gonna go, I suppose this is the way to do it....

Faure died suddenly from apoplexy on 16 February 1899, at a critical juncture while engaged in sexual activities in his office with 30-year-old Marguerite Steinheil. It has been widely reported that Felix Faure had his fatal seizure while Steinheil was fellating him, but the exact nature of their sexual intercourse is in fact unknown and such reports may have stemmed from various jeux de mots (puns) made up afterward by his political opponents.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A9lix_Faure

Not that I should have known this but I just came across it...

If you're gonna go, I suppose this is the way to do it....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A9lix_Faure

ill_016b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back