thesis help (1 Viewer)

superman

Website
Visit site
i was just wondrering if anyone could help me. i am doing my thesis on dublin music and i need a list of articles to read for it. i was just wondering if anyone could recommend any particular articles that could help me or any websites that i could start from. any help would be really appreciated.

any articles about the influx of releases in recent times and emerging bands ad stuff like that. anything really will do me

try the links of www.eclectichoney.com

In fairness though, if all your course asks of you is doing a thesis on the underground music scene, you shouldn't really be looking for help. Get off your hoop and look around superman. Jeez you used to be full of get up and go before the horse accident. What about kids who have to study molecules and books and the like? They don't just log on to a message board for professors and ask how to get their easy peasy thesis done for 'em.

Sorry, it's late and I'm cranky cause I haven't had my nap. Good luck superman. wherever you are.

Here, Ro.
Superman is a busy lad who does loads of music stuff.
I'm supposin' that he just couldn't muster the jums to make his thesis as turgid as he wants, but would recommend anyone help him cos he's a gent.

superman there is no handy answer or central source of documentation on what you're researching. most of its going to be answered by informal methods such as talking the good talk to all and sundry. get out more forget the library be inventive.
just for the heck of it you could try to:
read 'document' for context and dietry advice
go to upcoming gigs posted on this board and talk to people
contact federation of music collectives for perspective
talk to record shop owners, pirate stations, venue managers etc
read archive of stuff on thumped
read recent music industry report
watch related rte programming
contact hotpress who did some research on the subject about 3 years ago which stated that the avergae gestation period and life span for a dublin band is 9 months. this was around the push for 'jobs in the music industry'
maybe talk to imro they might have some research that could help

What diploma/degree is the thesis for?

Originally posted by superman
i was just wondrering if anyone could help me. i am doing my thesis on dublin music and i need a list of articles to read for it. i was just wondering if anyone could recommend any particular articles that could help me or any websites that i could start from. any help would be really appreciated.

Originally posted by superman

if your thesis is not just articles based you could do worse than to come to next things meeting on mon 24th upstairs lord edward 7.30 and talk to the usual suspects. you can check the two zines so far at http://www.thingsyouremissing.com/php/user_system.php?action=display_page&page_name=zine

Re: Re: thesis help

Originally posted by Anne OMalley
What diploma/degree is the thesis for?

im doing communications and media productions in colaiste dhulaigh. the whole thing is due this day two weeks. im one of about six out of fourty who have actually started theirs in my year so the next two weeks is gonna be fun :D

thank you for all your help, i really appreciate it, it will be put to great use.

.|..|

thesis dude

as i am also doing a thesis i feel sorry for you

the book about the Hope Collective thingy what they used to advertise on these thumped pages would be right up you alley

Sincerely

if ya wanted to ad a questionaire or interview bands why not put up something here and those that want to help can email you there answers that way you should get a good jist on independent releases and stuff from the musicians point of view

goone, what's the title of your thesis exactly? what are you aiming to research?

ever heard of Near FM? That's not meant to be a help, well it could be, I'm just curious coz you're in colaiste dhulaigh an' all. I could be of a little help. very slight chance.

Anyways, good luck with it either way.
Roxy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back