The WTF Thread (2 Viewers)

oieeut1407739642289.jpg

[£2.79] Face Exerciser Lip Trainer Oral Exerciser Face Yoga Face Care Slimmer Exercise Mouthpiece

fsqqxw1392804577492.jpg

[£17.49] Face Slimming Mask Belt Anti Wrinkle Full Face Slimming Mask Face Mask

Apparently, it is a church... which undertakes charitable activities

They also believe the following

"We believe that our first parents were created in a state of innocence, but by their disobedience, they lost their purity and happiness, and that in consequence of their fall, all men have become sinners, totally depraved, and as such are justly exposed to the wrath of God".

The Salvation Army - What We Believe

Apparently, it is a church... which undertakes charitable activities

They also believe the following

"We believe that our first parents were created in a state of innocence, but by their disobedience, they lost their purity and happiness, and that in consequence of their fall, all men have become sinners, totally depraved, and as such are justly exposed to the wrath of God".

The Salvation Army - What We Believe

Yeah, but mention them to anybody and they'll automatically think 'charity', its what they're most noted for and I imagine they've done an awful lot of good throughout their history.
Their beliefs are par for the course with Christian (in the American, not universal sense of the word) organisations- the bible as the literal word of God and damnation for sinners.

Yeah, but mention them to anybody and they'll automatically think 'charity', its what they're most noted for and I imagine they've done an awful lot of good throughout their history.
Their beliefs are par for the course with Christian (in the American, not universal sense of the word) organisations- the bible as the literal word of God and damnation for sinners.

Fair enough!

I certainly believed that.... and I'm sure they have.

Just surprised at the allegations

Fair enough!

I certainly believed that.... and I'm sure they have.

Just surprised at the allegations

I am myself, well, maybe more disappointed. A true Christian would hate the sin, not the sinner, I don't think their actions are reflective of that position.
I worked with a Christian charity and while, I assume, they were opposed to homosexuality, they never discriminated on that basis. And quite rightly.

3043677947_bc27a44993_b.jpg

Not racist!

I read a history of him a while back, it's not historically that racist but, eh, in 2015 it's pretty racist.

Although this seems pretty balanced

According to the Interfederal Centre for Equal Opportunities, the law against racial discrimination would come into force if Sinterklaas and Zwarte Piet were portrayed in conjunction with racially discriminatory speech or behaviour, which is not the case. The law against discrimination on the grounds of skin colour would apply if anyone were to be concretely disadvantaged by the Sinterklaas celebrations, an idea that the centre also rejected.

The centre did take the opportunity to issue a plea for a “constructive social debate on how we give form in the future to this popular tradition”. It called on Zwarte Piet “to be portrayed other than as a stupid, subordinate or dangerous black man through whom stereotypes, albeit unintentionally, are maintained”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back