The World Cup!! (1 Viewer)

Hector Grey said:
seersly lads. relax.
it's just a matter of opinion.

Your right man it is only a matter of opinion.........but anyone who says zidane is wrong:D

I thought it was a great world cup. really enjoyed it - possibly because I was in Berlin for the start, but it was great stuff considering ireland werent in it!

also, I won money. a great old time following the eyetalians all the way.

nofriendo said:
Your right man it is only a matter of opinion.........but anyone who says zidane is wrong:D
yeah
no question that canavarro is a better defender than zidane, but canavarro didn't score that goal against spain..hum

On a lighter note, I was flicking through some daytime television yesterday and came across a bunch of women talking about the zidane sending off on a talk show. And one of them said "I am not sure about fouls, but if he said something really nasty is it still a foul!"

Hector Grey said:
yeah
no question that canavarro is a better defender than zidane, but canavarro didn't score that goal against spain..hum

You had to keep it going!! cannavaro certainly didnt play crap in first two games and get two yellow cards doing so, ruling him out of the third game and also didnt get sent off in the final for a mortal kombat style finishing move either!

nofriendo said:
You had to keep it going!! cannavaro certainly didnt play crap in first two games and get two yellow cards doing so, ruling him out of the third game and also didnt get sent off in the final for a mortal kombat style finishing move either!

imagine if zidane's head went right through materazzi's chest and resurfaced out his back, mildy covered in innards. that would've ruled.

If he had of gone right through his chest and continued to score the winning header it would have kicked ass.....no chance of being offside either!

What Made Zizou See Red
Updated: 12:25, Tuesday July 11, 2006

A lip-reader has reportedly revealed the words which provoked Zinedine Zidane's now infamous World Cup final headbutt.

Marianne Frere claims Italian defender Marco Materazzi insulted the French captain with a stream of racial and personal abuse.

She told The Sun that Zidane was called a "son of a terrorist whore" before he lashed out and was sent off.

Reports in France have suggested it was the reference to the Algerian-born star's mother which made him blow his top.

His mother Malika had been taken to hospital seriously ill only hours before Sunday's final.

Zidane's agent Alain Miglaccio said the player had told him a 'very serious' comment had been made during the match.

Italian news agency Ansa quoted Materazzi as saying: "It is absolutely not true, I did not call him a terrorist.

"I'm ignorant. I don't even know what the word means."

Italy won the match 5-3 on penalties, with Zidane missing the shoot-out in his final match before retirement.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13532140,00.html

Star: I Did Insult Zidane
Updated: 12:41, Tuesday July 11, 2006

Marco Materazzi has admitted he insulted Zinedine Zidane prior to the French captain's headbutt in Sunday's World Cup final.

Zidane was red carded during extra-time in Berlin after butting the Italian defender in the chest.

What was said between the pair has been the subject of wild speculation since the match.

Materazzi, 32, told Gazetta dello Sport: "I held his shirt for a few seconds only, then he turned to me and talked to me, jeering.

"He looked at me with a huge arrogance and said, 'If you really want my shirt I'll give it to you afterwards'.

"I replied with an insult, that's true."

Materazzi has not elaborated on what he did say, but one report suggested he responded with: 'I'd rather take the shirt off your wife'.

He has denied, however, using a more vile insult referring to his mother or calling him a terrorist.

"It was one of those insults you're told dozens of times and that you often let fall on a pitch," Materazzi said.

"I did not call him a terrorist. I am not a cultured person and I don't even know what an Islamist terrorist is."

He added: "For me the mother is sacred, you know that."

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-13532156,00.html

Zidane is going on French TV this evening to discuss it. Should be inneresting. How cultured do you have to be to know what a terrorist is?

spaceball.gif
nice recreations here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/boedker/sets/72157594194529333/show/http://www.flickr.com/photos/boedker/show/

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back