The, 'Why do Americans....' thread. (1 Viewer)

what is mono anyway - are europeans innoculated or immune?

Mono is Gods punishment for thinking gay thoughts.
Since Europeans are such total homos, God has given up on them, and is focusing his attention on saving the only ones that can realistically still be saved, with the occasional poke in the right direction.

Do Arabs get Mono?

Q.E.D.

lack of inner monologue (mostly) in older more dithery touristy u.s. americans, aka: talking out loud about everything they see to nobody in particular.

sort of getting back to language and the united states for a sec... one thing that really intrigues me: there is no noun for "citizen of the united states" in english... just "american". but, america is an awfully big place... take north america only as an example for the moment.. that's canada, (canadian), estados unidos de mexico (mexican) and the u.s. (american???). kind of vague and inaccurate. maybe we should invent a word? funnily enough a lot of america is spanish speaking and they have a word: "estadounidense". is there really no simple noun/adjective in english? unitedstatesish??? weird innit?

Someone told me a tale (could be true could be bollix) about working in a pub frequented by alot of tourists in Killarney or thereabouts.
He said that his main job is making Irish coffees, which is grand but he gets asked for decaf Irish coffees, non-dairy decaf irish coffees, and non-alcoholic, non-dairy decaf irish coffees.

lack of inner monologue (mostly) in older more dithery touristy u.s. americans, aka: talking out loud about everything they see to nobody in particular.

sort of getting back to language and the united states for a sec... one thing that really intrigues me: there is no noun for "citizen of the united states" in english... just "american". but, america is an awfully big place... take north america only as an example for the moment.. that's canada, (canadian), estados unidos de mexico (mexican) and the u.s. (american???). kind of vague and inaccurate. maybe we should invent a word? funnily enough a lot of america is spanish speaking and they have a word: "estadounidense". is there really no simple noun/adjective in english? unitedstatesish??? weird innit?
"usanian"

Why do almost all restaurants in Ireland have chips as an option? Like Chinese, Indian, Italian, etc.? "Sweet & sour chicken with chips, please." "Or chicken & broccoli in a cream sauce over chips, please." It's just bizarre. Oh and why at Christmas or Sunday dinner are there always like 5 different types of potato on my plate? "What's this?" "It's a potato." Repeat this over and over.

He said that his main job is making Irish coffees, which is grand but he gets asked for decaf Irish coffees, non-dairy decaf irish coffees, and non-alcoholic, non-dairy decaf irish coffees.

Does he tell them to go get fucked?

When I was living in New Orleans I went into a coffee shop in the French Quarter and they had all their coffees written on a blackboard by the counter, it said Colombian coffee, Brazilian coffee etc. but down at the bottom it said "Irish Coffee".

I stared at that sign for about 30 seconds in utter befuddlement thinking "we don't grow coffee beans". I was just about to point out the mistake on their sign when I got it.

Why do almost all restaurants in Ireland have chips as an option? Like Chinese, Indian, Italian, etc.? "Sweet & sour chicken with chips, please." "Or chicken & broccoli in a cream sauce over chips, please." It's just bizarre. Oh and why at Christmas or Sunday dinner are there always like 5 different types of potato on my plate? "What's this?" "It's a potato." Repeat this over and over.

maybe we need a 'Why do the Irish.....' thread. In the interest of fairness like.

you forgot to ask how come we like red sauce with everything, and I mean EVERYTHING

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back