The, 'Why do Americans....' thread. (1 Viewer)

sidewalk???

WALK/DON'T WALK?? Does it really have to be spelt out like that?

whats this stopping at STOP signs lark?

not to mention 4-way STOP signs. Could you imagine those here?

pumpkin spice latte? Huh?

To be fair to them though being able to turn right on a red light is a very good idea. In fact it's probably the apogee of American civilization.

What's the crack with that gimp-comedian who worked in abrekebabra and patronised the scobes in Limerick?

actually thats more of a slight on us.

American guy moves to Ireland and makes a career out of taking the piss out of us. Yet people still go and see his show. Only in Ireland.

His latest one is learning to speak Irish. Hilarious. Fucking not.

actually thats more of a slight on us.

American guy moves to Ireland and makes a career out of taking the piss out of us. Yet people still go and see his show. Only in Ireland.

His latest one is learning to speak Irish. Hilarious. Fucking not.

Cleverly, backed with the full intellectual weight of his BA from UCC, and under the auspices of humour, he turns the mirror on us..and at first we laugh along, and then, oh no, we don't like what we see! GENIUS!

Didn't he move here when he 14 or something?

Ever see his brothers routine? Exactly the same, same jokes, same observations. same everything

except the terrible hairdo

Squrls.

jedi.squirrels.jpg

A man I work with has a 20 minute anecdote about the time he was in Texas and he got sweetened instead of unsweetened iced tea. (apparently they love that sweetened shit down there). I heard the "story" about 5 times now.

The south is a whole other country, my friend. Sugar in tea, outrageous. ;)

One of the lads I work with has a pot up high on a shelf pointing to a skylight.
He reached up there to get something one day, and grabbed a squirrel, thinking it was clothes or something.
He thought it was dead, but then it woke up, he dropped it, and it legged it out the window.
They were coming in to take naps in the plant, run little forays to rob food out of his gaff. He was wondering who was eating his grapes.

Thankfully no one got hurt in the making of this story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back