The Whatmans win Indie Week Ireland (1 Viewer)

Here you go.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My two cents - they basically took bits and pieces from every indie band from the mid eighties (especially REM and that bassline is in a Joy Division song, it's name escapes me though) made them as anodyne as possible then stuck some gibberish lyrics on top of it (do you really know what you know? Go go go,- is actually a line in here) sung by a reject from Hurracaine #1 with a head like a spud, then delivered the whole thing with some palid mancunian mid nineties spa-titude. It's over produced under developed un-ambitious twaddle exactly the kind of aural molestation that gets managers, A&R twits and radio station backed battle of the bands types wetting their little thongs.

I hate when i feel like I've been felt up on a train when I listen to a band. I mean either really get stuck into me bend me over and take no prisoners or gently whisper things I want to hear in my ear but for fuck sake this is just AWWWRRIGHT LAV AVE A BIT OF IH!!!! soft cocked fondle just before you get to the stop at kings cross. You've enriched my life no end.

Congrats.

Here you go.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My two cents - they basically took bits and pieces from every indie band from the mid eighties (especially REM and that bassline is in a Joy Division song, it's name escapes me though) made them as anodyne as possible then stuck some gibberish lyrics on top of it (do you really know what you know? Go go go,- is actually a line in here) sung by a reject from Hurracaine #1 with a head like a spud, then delivered the whole thing with some palid mancunian mid nineties spa-titude. It's over produced under developed un-ambitious twaddle exactly the kind of aural molestation that gets managers, A&R twits and radio station backed battle of the bands types wetting their little thongs.

I hate when i feel like I've been felt up on a train when I listen to a band. I mean either really get stuck into me bend me over and take no prisoners or gently whisper things I want to hear in my ear but for fuck sake this is just AWWWRRIGHT LAV AVE A BIT OF IH!!!! soft cocked fondle just before you get to the stop at kings cross. You've enriched my life no end.

Congrats.

If they have anything about them at all, they'll change their press blurbs to the above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back