the view (1 Viewer)

Not to be contrary but I find The View eminently watchable. I love when people on it who obviously know nothing about the matter at hand make complete spanners out of themselves with ill considered comments about the state of dance culture on Aran.

Dixer said:
Not to be contrary but I find The View eminently watchable. I love when people on it who obviously know nothing about the matter at hand make complete spanners out of themselves with ill considered comments about the state of dance culture on Aran.
it is kind of gas the way they're all falling over themselves trying to out-pretent the comments made by the previous speaker. E.g. 'Oh No, I felt that the movie was a becket-esque take on surrealism and there was somehow a Kerouac feel to the young mans journey to find his parents', when reviewing Home Alone 2 or similar.

I quite like John Kelly too, but not enough to actually listen to his radio show or anything silly like that.

snakybus said:
I heard John Kelly went to an all-ireland once, and the captain of the winning team picked him up at the end thinking he was the cup, no word of a lie

whaaa whaaa whaaa whaaaa
ba doom tssch
etc

i love that show, watch it every week. 99% of the people who are on it are complete cuntfaces and half the stuff they review is pants (i mean what the fuck was with that machine/human dance troupe thing the other night) but i like John Kelly and its a good place to find out about new books and plays

Yeah it's generally interesting enough watching despite the soaring look-at-me-i'm-intellectual pretensions of the reviewers. Ending with Looney Tunes a couple of weeks ago was a nice touch, too.

i watched it once when estel were on it and i thought it was ok - it's true about your man and the cup though, his real name is actually sam maguire.

Alan Remorse said:
unfortunately not all people were brought up on Predator and Commando like we were corm...
Arms.JPG

Did anyone see the View the other night? It was a half hour interview with Martin Hayes, a trad fiddle player. I'd never heard of him, and he looked like a poodle rocker, but the way he described his attitude to music (which I won't try to paraphrase here) really impressed me.

Anyone see it?

Cormcolash said:
You set us uuup!!!! It was bullsheet, all of eet!

i did what i had to do to get the job done. i needed somebody in here who could crack these bastards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back