The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico (1967) (1 Viewer)

sep;9fuews?

Supporter
Threads
Like Reign in Blood?

You probably should, otherwise we'll have more classic rock that everyone already knows. Actually, I'm amazed at how many people haven't listened to this weeks album before.

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com
Like Reign in Blood?

You probably should, otherwise we'll have more classic rock that everyone already knows. Actually, I'm amazed at how many people haven't listened to this weeks album before.
that was voted for by @HMD I believe, and it was only meant to be a test thread...

prefuse

Threads
Re: There she goes. There's a bit of link to There is a light that never goes out. I read that all the music journalist though Johnny Marr was paying a bit of a homage to TSG with the intro. But clever ol Johnny was digging deeper. It was a homage to where the velvets had borrowed it from themselves. Hitch Hike, A Marvin Gaye single from 1962.

Lili Marlene

Sleeperbloke
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Re: There she goes. There's a bit of link to There is a light that never goes out. I read that all the music journalist though Johnny Marr was paying a bit of a homage to TSG with the intro. But clever ol Johnny was digging deeper. It was a homage to where the velvets had borrowed it from themselves. Hitch Hike, A Marvin Gaye single from 1962.

a much better song!

Is anyone gonna actually say what makes this album good because it isn't as self evident as a lot of you seem to think.

Lili Marlene

Sleeperbloke
Supporter
Contributor
Threads

Anthony

Supporter
Threads
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
Your second sentence shows that your first was not true. Or something.... you get the point.

egg_

Staff member
Supporter
Since 1999
Threads
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
I get the Monkees thing - many of the decent tunes on this are just 60s pop with slightly screwy arrangements and primitive musicianship. Sunday Morning, Femme Fatale, etc. I'll Be Your Mirror reminds me of You Don't Own Me

I like it, but don't love it and the last couple of tracks and the lyrics really put me off. Very Serious teenagers all starry-eyed about THE DARK SIDE woooo! Drug addiction! Kinky riding! Violence against women! Death! Lou, 3 of those are just shitty facts of life, and the other is irrelevant unless it gets you off

Bernie Lomax

Threads
I get the Monkees thing - many of the decent tunes on this are just 60s pop with slightly screwy arrangements and primitive musicianship. Sunday Morning, Femme Fatale, etc. I'll Be Your Mirror reminds me of You Don't Own Me

I like it, but don't love it and the last couple of tracks and the lyrics really put me off. Very Serious teenagers all starry-eyed about THE DARK SIDE woooo! Drug addiction! Kinky riding! Violence against women! Death! Lou, 3 of those are just shitty facts of life, and the other is irrelevant unless it gets you off
Errr, which 3 are facts of life?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads