The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico (1967) (2 Viewers)

Like Reign in Blood?

You probably should, otherwise we'll have more classic rock that everyone already knows. Actually, I'm amazed at how many people haven't listened to this weeks album before.

Like Reign in Blood?

You probably should, otherwise we'll have more classic rock that everyone already knows. Actually, I'm amazed at how many people haven't listened to this weeks album before.
that was voted for by @HMD I believe, and it was only meant to be a test thread...

Re: There she goes. There's a bit of link to There is a light that never goes out. I read that all the music journalist though Johnny Marr was paying a bit of a homage to TSG with the intro. But clever ol Johnny was digging deeper. It was a homage to where the velvets had borrowed it from themselves. Hitch Hike, A Marvin Gaye single from 1962.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Re: There she goes. There's a bit of link to There is a light that never goes out. I read that all the music journalist though Johnny Marr was paying a bit of a homage to TSG with the intro. But clever ol Johnny was digging deeper. It was a homage to where the velvets had borrowed it from themselves. Hitch Hike, A Marvin Gaye single from 1962.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

a much better song!

Is anyone gonna actually say what makes this album good because it isn't as self evident as a lot of you seem to think.

Your second sentence shows that your first was not true. Or something.... you get the point.

I get the Monkees thing - many of the decent tunes on this are just 60s pop with slightly screwy arrangements and primitive musicianship. Sunday Morning, Femme Fatale, etc. I'll Be Your Mirror reminds me of You Don't Own Me

I like it, but don't love it and the last couple of tracks and the lyrics really put me off. Very Serious teenagers all starry-eyed about THE DARK SIDE woooo! Drug addiction! Kinky riding! Violence against women! Death! Lou, 3 of those are just shitty facts of life, and the other is irrelevant unless it gets you off

I get the Monkees thing - many of the decent tunes on this are just 60s pop with slightly screwy arrangements and primitive musicianship. Sunday Morning, Femme Fatale, etc. I'll Be Your Mirror reminds me of You Don't Own Me

I like it, but don't love it and the last couple of tracks and the lyrics really put me off. Very Serious teenagers all starry-eyed about THE DARK SIDE woooo! Drug addiction! Kinky riding! Violence against women! Death! Lou, 3 of those are just shitty facts of life, and the other is irrelevant unless it gets you off
Errr, which 3 are facts of life?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back