The Thumped Motoring Forum (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 88K
  • Watchers 10
(nelson laughing meme)

These things fascinate me for the record, i've probably given 3 hours to watching various review and tech videos about them. They fascinate me in the sense of being a current iconic representation of the late stage capitalism zone that created them. The USP of a tesla to some extent is the carbon reduction, the point of EV's being in the market is that too. HOWEVER in this manifestation the market has brought forth something that weighs 3 tons, carrys five people and both fast and awfully designed to the point of being a new generation of dangerous. Supposedly it's a truck - but a truck for people who dont actually need a truck in all reality. If you are contracting and you need a five seater you'll get a crew van or something deisel that can tow 3 times it's weight. Its a bit like the new VW beetle from a decade or more ago which was rushed to market because people wanted to be seen in it, only to realise that it was much less functional rejig of the golf and after an initial bump they basically stopped selling. It's in the wants/needs spectrum which is of great interest to me. People with a family in the present need 5 seats and low operationals - tesla actually makes those already but they are boring looking (while still being pointlessly fast). But people want the street appeal and gizmos and the rest. These things can't be sold outside america because they are 100% murder in terms of pedestrian crash testing - so musk's ego and his fanboys have brought forth something that delivers very few of the advantages of and EV to market because it'd be too big and ego hit to back down on it.

Anywhooo it's a icon for the proper use of the word of the times that gives me space to think about these things.

Bleedin' loads of Tesla's around here anyway.

Saw the Tesla cybertruck in the flesh last month, it really does look just like a skip with some dinky car wheels glued to the side

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back