The Thumped Motoring Forum (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 88K
  • Watchers 10
do people really have strong opinions on them? i guess they're along the lines of 'sucks to be you stuck 20km the far side of athlone with a flat battery, what?'
usually something along the lines of "those batteries explode", "they're a rip off", "batteries!", "they're <insert OTT figure here> to replace the battery!", "if they break down they're expensive to fix", "how are you going to drive from Donegal to Kerry?!" (usually shouted).

I get it, we hummed and hawed for ages. But since the day they came out we've wanted one, now is just our time.

it'd be on our list when our current car needs to be replaced; it's ten years old but gives little trouble.

any delay in delivery? i've heard lots of stories about new cars taking months to arrive.

it'd be on our list when our current car needs to be replaced; it's ten years old but gives little trouble.

any delay in delivery? i've heard lots of stories about new cars taking months to arrive.

We'll get it in May, the order was placed last week. Weird timing, the wheels were all in motion a few weeks ago, before war time.

Looking at 2018 Prius' on carzone. Around 20 grand. Which is plenty of grand over my budget.
yeah, i had a gander earlier too, spotted the same. probably at least 50% than what they'd have been a year or two ago, based on what i've heard about the secondhand car market.

i've heard stories of people with six month old premium cars getting phone calls from the garage offering to buy the car back at the same price they'd paid for it.

It's mad out there, my car has gone up about 15/20% in value *since* we bought it over a year ago
Wut... so has my yoke.
A comparable car to the one I bought last year costs at around two grand more today.

If you're buying a car you should probably be taking it out at least once a week. I think engines get upset unless they have some use. I kinda trust (for no reason really) Toyota / Mazda / Honda. I'd buy (again) a five-ten year old low mileage Honda, and put in a new battery and a new set of tyres (because they're both going to be a bit knackered).

I got a 1.5 vtec Honda Fit. They're like tiny vans, you can chuck bikes into it when you fold the seats down. You need to get at least a 1.5L unless you're going to drive the bollix out of it. I had a 2.5L Mazda 3 in the US, but it was a bit of a handful. The Fit is just about acceptable, but is cheap and carries loads of crap.

ours is a 1.2L octavia, the turbocharged engine. does absolutely fine at the moment, but apparently they have a reputation for starting to eat oil after about 10 or 15 years, because the oil they use is quite light.

Sucks to be anyone anywhere near athlone
istock-173630529.jpg

Work van broke down in county Galway.
Engine just went bang and I had to coast off the road.

Upon inspection it looks like an engine mount snapped, engine fell forward and dropped, bending other mount and crushed gearbox. Also caught radiator pipe and steering rack.

A colossal fuck.
The boss hopes it's in warranty.

Work van broke down in county Galway.
Engine just went bang and I had to coast off the road.

Upon inspection it looks like an engine mount snapped, engine fell forward and dropped, bending other mount and crushed gearbox. Also caught radiator pipe and steering rack.

A colossal fuck.
The boss hopes it's in warranty.

ye about for the day?

Just spent a few quid getting the Fiesta ready to sell.
Full service, new filters, timing belt replaced, fan belt replaced, new wipers, battery issue sorted. Washing the fuck out of it now. Bleedin' car is in great condition now. Going to try and get 2k for it. Fingers crossed. Thumped rates btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back