The Thumped Motoring Forum (5 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 88K
  • Watchers 10
I came out to find a puncture yesterday..in Galway! Luckily my spare is a full size so I got home no probs.

Got a single new part worn today in Cavan..pretty lucky as the old tyre was on its last legs and NCT coming up. Tax and NCT out at the same time..I'm financially ruined

“Where the use of as dash cam is incentivised in this way, the driver is exhibiting a clear prior purpose and intention to obtain and process the personal data of other persons, for the purpose of recording accidents,” the commission said in a guidance note.

It said personal data, which includes any images and audio captured by such cameras, must be processed “in a transparent manner”.

“In the first instance, there should be a clearly visible sign or sticker on and/or inside the vehicle, as applicable, to indicate that filming is taking place,” the commission said.

It said drivers should have “a policy sheet detailing your contact details, the basis on which you are collecting the images and audio of others, the purposes of use of the data and how long you will retain it for”.

Before entering into an arrangement with an insurer to use a dash cam “you should ask them to outline their policies in relation to the personal data that you will record, and what responsibilities they will have as data controllers”, it added.

Motorists with dash cams have duties under data protection law, DPC says

Giving them a wee tap can sometimes wake them up! Seriously.

Not a long term fix obviously.
I tried that this morning. I think it worked to get it going. But the engine cut out when I went to move it and it wouldn't start again. It could just need a good battery recharge. Leaving it lying idle is probably not good for the battery.

I tried that this morning. I think it worked to get it going. But the engine cut out when I went to move it and it wouldn't start again. It could just need a good battery recharge. Leaving it lying idle is probably not good for the battery.

They can 'die' chemically, they go below a certain level and they change a bit chemically and cant deliver the volts they could originally. there are drip chargers you can get to maintain them.

They can 'die' chemically, they go below a certain level and they change a bit chemically and cant deliver the volts they could originally. there are drip chargers you can get to maintain them.
I have one. It's such a pain in the arse taking it out of the car though. It wouldn't be an issue of I was driving it every day

Sounds like you might need a new battery. You should disconnect it if you're gonna be leaving it idle for long periods

I was doing @900Km ( 90 km each way x 5) a week until I started working from home. My poor missus is still doing that commute

Those bastards failed the fiesta on something it has NEVER failed on before. The dipped headlights are always on in that car. Always have been. It's been through the nct many times and never been an issue. I'm livid. The guy I dealt with was a dick. I rang NCT head office about it today, the advise, go back and speak to the Duty Team Leader. Which means driving back to Kells today.

So far I've rung the complaints section of the nct and spoken to two different mechanics.
Word on the street is that a whole load of new NCT rules came in a few months ago and stuff that passed before fails now. So I'm not wasting the day and diesel going to Kells for nothing. I have a mobile auto electrician coming in the morning, €65 minimum charge. Better than a wasted journey and a missed deadline i suppose.

hmmmmm-hmmmmmm-~hm-8069083.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back