The Summer Solstice Thread. (1 Viewer)

I had a tea party with the kids, we have one every year for it.
It was a bit shit as there was kids having a water fight outside and I found myself saying "no you can't play with your friends. You're staying in and you'll pretend to be happy!"

no bother, is only down the road.
you were supposed to come last week but i didnt have enough things organised so nobody came. its probably going to be in august now, I'm away most of july.

Yeah it only just occurred to me today that we hadn't talked about it since! Early August suits me way better than late August. Can't really get away between mid August and mid September.

Seriously, this much light is just wrong. I was walking home last night around half ten or so and I swear I thought it was like 5pm. Birds chirp at like 2am. I'm instantly awake at 6:30am even with an eye mask on. How does anyone sleep? My body clock is so confused.

you can sleep in winter.

anyway, daytime today is approx 11 seconds shorter than yesterday

For Dublin;

Sunrise: 4:56 AM IST
Sunset: 9:57 PM IST
Length of Day: 17h 01m

I think Galway/Mayo get about 15 minutes extra before sunset. I'm sure places up north likewise, whereas the poor Corkies are probably getting darkness 5/10 mins before the rest of us, bless them.

anyway never mind everyone, it'll be winter soon again

well,here we are,6 months on and what have we learned?
seems rte are showing the winter solstice live from newgrange on tuesday (weather permitting) if anyone's interested.once that's over summer is only round the corner,i can almost hear the birds singing and bee's buzzing...

pretty sure i'll be spending the 21st travelling to stansted to confirm that my flight is definitely cancelled and then having to buy another bus ticket to get back to where i started

edit: maybe not, flights are going ok today actually

I was just checking my gardening book.

It says "plant them 2inches deep and six inches apart in march - apart from watering in dry weather there is nothing to until the foliage turns yellow in july or august'

I'm still planting them tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back