The Summer Solstice Thread. (1 Viewer)

sitting indoors, avoiding pollen. My summer doesn't start till around July the 5th.

Maybe I'll play an RPG on the computer as a Druid in tribute

fuck all i'd say...might go to the park by the university where the sunset always looks nice, but probably not. at the very least i'll smoke a ceremonial fag in the back garden, where the sunset is also nice.

Suppose I should see if Ann Post wants to take a spin out to Grianan an Aileach.

Seriously, this much light is just wrong. I was walking home last night around half ten or so and I swear I thought it was like 5pm. Birds chirp at like 2am. I'm instantly awake at 6:30am even with an eye mask on. How does anyone sleep? My body clock is so confused.

Here, does Newgrange do it's thang at the summer solstice as well as the winter one?

serious? fuck. shouldn't been smoking dope on all them trips up to newgrange.
Fun Fact: On the Knowth tour, they say 'Large Mound' about a half a dozen times.

I stand corrected.

Seriously, this much light is just wrong. I was walking home last night around half ten or so and I swear I thought it was like 5pm. Birds chirp at like 2am. I'm instantly awake at 6:30am even with an eye mask on. How does anyone sleep? My body clock is so confused.
i'm going on holiday to the shetlands in a couple of weeks, sunrise at about 03:35, sunset about 22:30...oh boy

i'm going on holiday to the shetlands in a couple of weeks, sunrise at about 03:35, sunset about 22:30...oh boy

Jesus. Seriously, I have my window open and if I had to guess I would say it was about 3pm. It freaks me out every year. You'd think I'd be use to it by now but I'm not. I'd go insane in the shetlands.

i've never been that far north before, i was up near ben nevis in scotland a few years ago in june and there was light in the sky at 11:30 pm, it was ace

i love the long days too, especially the long evenings, not so sure about the mornings though. if theres one thing i hate its going to be after the sun has come up and that can very easily happen these days. actually, im in bed by 1am at the latest every night. i dont think it gets completely dark, theres always a pale streak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back