• Watchers 2

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

starting on Sunday. Reading the first book now and it's alllllright.

Read about this in SFX last night, looks decent enough but I'm getting pretty tired of new shows either a) being shite or b) being pretty good yet not getting renewed (looking at you, Alphas).

yeah, enjoying this. second episode was not as loaded as the pilot which is to be expected but will be sticking with it. loved the last scene in the second episode

Just watched the first episode and really enjoyed it. Silly as hell, yes, but there's plenty of recognisable del Toro elements to enjoy - science and occultism, mysterious old dudes with dark pasts, cool monsters etc. I'm gonna drop the dour and boring The Leftovers and stick with this instead.

fuck, I wish i'd never been made aware that the main guy is totally bald in real life. I can't help fixating on his terrible wig
Corey_Stoll.jpg

Loving this stuff. Third episode is great. The fucked up Nazi vampire monster posing as a human is my favourite character, the actor playing him is wonderfully creepy, followed closely by the rat catcher.

Just finished episode 4.

It's very silly and fun and never boring. Some of the acting and dialogue is the pits but whatever.

The end of the latest episode was crazy. This show just keeps on giving.

So, we're recommending this?

Is it a shlock fest?

Yeah I'm recommending it and I usually exclusively watch HBO stuff, with a few exceptions here and there.

There's a lot of shlock but it's never slow or boring. And while it jumps around to a wide variety of main characters, unlike other shows I never feel: "uggghhhhhh we have to spend time with this dipshit now".

And this is coming from someone who loathes the Walking Dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back