the shining (1 Viewer)

You all forgot about Maximum Overdrive, good movie, great soundtrack.

Keep meaning to get hold of some of Jack Nitzsche's soundtracks, he was an arranger for phil spector originally, did Starman for john carpenter and a few other bits and bobs.

I adore Danny in the Shining. He is such a little dude. Y'know the way Kubrick was supposed an absolute prick to shelley duvall so that she'd have a constantly petrified air about her, well he must've been fierce mean to the kid too. Y'know where he's lying in bed after the strangling thing......jaysus he is out of it!

Google...
  • Lloyd has seen The Shining, contrary to an online article I once read. He was shown "a heavily edited version" sometime between the ages of 12 and 14, and was surprised by the movie because he had been under the impression that he'd filmed a drama.
  • As a side note to that, during one of the many disturbing scenes involving Lloyd in The Shining, when Wendy becomes angry with Jack in the Colorado room and picks Danny up, she is actually carrying a life-sized doll.
  • Danny is indeed a science teacher in the Midwest. It seems he's very invested in retaining his privacy, for which reason I will not further disclose his location.
  • Zowie mentioned Mrs. Lloyd's impressions of the principal individuals involved in making The Shining:
    Stanley Kubrick: "'a genius'"
    Jack Nicholson: a nice man
    Shelley Duvall: a very nice lady who "invited the Lloyds to come over to her house and swim in her pool whenever they wanted".

never saw the dead zone
is that the one with the guy who gets hit in the head ice skatin and i a car crash
and then he becomes psychic
i read that one yonks ago

thegoone said:
never saw the dead zone
is that the one with the guy who gets hit in the head ice skatin and i a car crash
and then he becomes psychic
i read that one yonks ago

yep thats the one
Chistopher Walken is in the film
its well worth looking out for

TESTAROSSA said:
Suspiria or Tenebrae?
suspiria in every way!
i think one of the gentlemen of exotique dropped some goblin after the 99 gig. a good call.
cool. didn't think anyone noticed!
it was the first song off the suspiria soundtrack!

you said before that one of the guys from the 1985 is in some Goblin cover band called Zombi...
You got some stuff?

george mcfly said:
The Dead Zone - best Stephen King film (aside from The Shining)
the dead zone rocks - it spooked me out when i saw it on tv when i was, like, 14. that bit under the ice......:eek: i think thats why i have a major fear of drowning...

dunno if it's a tribute band or a covers band
actually - i remember getting mp3s ages ago.
there's about a million zombies out there (like zombi, zombie, the zombies, some dude called Xombie, Rob Zombie, White Zombie, White Zombie feat Rob Zombie) - so it gets confusing.
i'll try and find out more about the goblin sounding guys who might have an 1985 connection. either zombie or zombi is a guy from hair police fucking shit up on his own. i think. i might paly some goblin at the thumped xmas thing...but i reckon i'll just play lots of Focus instead.

andrew

TESTAROSSA said:
i might paly some goblin at the thumped xmas thing...but i reckon i'll just play lots of Focus instead.

andrew
whats focus?

have you heard OHM?

they're a swedish band that ""kinda"" sound like goblin. ex- jam session.
mp3

you've heard tarantula hawk too?

okay gotta go go go..........

course i heard teh goblin thing - i kept saying "oh man that's goblin" and everyone ws like "uh ok that's cool i guess"
focus is the fuckin jam!
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=UIDMISS70311101341470160&sql=Bsudgyl3jxpvb
i'm gonna listen to that shit when i get home and htat ohm shit
what hte fuck is up wiht Demonia on the suspiria dvd? some goblin covers band who look like they work in Music Maker or some shit........? weird.

peace
andrew

Ed said:
You all forgot about Maximum Overdrive, good movie, great soundtrack.

Keep meaning to get hold of some of Jack Nitzsche's soundtracks, he was an arranger for phil spector originally, did Starman for john carpenter and a few other bits and bobs.
funny movie
Blue Collar is a good soundtrack by Nitzsche - vinyl is easy nuff get second hand

and it's a fantastic film

nlgbbbblth said:
funny movie
Blue Collar is a good soundtrack by Nitzsche - vinyl is easy nuff get second hand

and it's a fantastic film
i saw about 20 mins of this on tv years ago and have never been able to find it since!

FancyGoods said:
whats Tenebrae?

Its another Dario Argento film (director of Suspiria). I went a bit nuts with Argento down in Laser a few months ago and I didn't manage to find anything that touches Suspiria. Tenebrae and Deep Red are fairly good but much more straightforward Slasher movies .... anyone seen Phantom of the Opera or Opera or whatever it is ??! There is some newish one I saw with that Swedish Guy (aaahhhh ... he's in Bergman movies) that was okay ...

He did Phantom of the Opera with Julian Sands as the Phantom and Asia Argento as the bird.
That was shit.
He also did Terror at the Opera, with a dude putting razor blades under a chick's eyelids to stop her from closing her eyes while he killed her boyfriend.
This was also shit, but less so.

TESTAROSSA said:
dunno if it's a tribute band or a covers band
actually - i remember getting mp3s ages ago.
there's about a million zombies out there (like zombi, zombie, the zombies, some dude called Xombie, Rob Zombie, White Zombie, White Zombie feat Rob Zombie) - so it gets confusing.
i'll try and find out more about the goblin sounding guys who might have an 1985 connection. either zombie or zombi is a guy from hair police fucking shit up on his own. i think. i might paly some goblin at the thumped xmas thing...but i reckon i'll just play lots of Focus instead.

andrew

you should just play the zombies all night

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back