the RTE thread (1 Viewer)

More of this rte

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's no

In a 90's RTE clip Brenda Donohue was standing next to the back of a slurry spreader and suddenly got sprayed / destroyed with shit. She wasn't in on the 'prank' and laughed it off.
not RTE but a classic -

In a 90's RTE clip Brenda Donohue was standing next to the back of a slurry spreader and suddenly got sprayed / destroyed with shit. She wasn't in on the 'prank' and laughed it off.
not RTE but a classic -

Nice one

In fairness to the RP wanker there, that crash was probably abetted by the camera crew being present by the side of teh road. TV induced rubbernecking.

Gotta hand it to him on the "oh these fucking dopes" glance backwards

Do ye's think Bakhurst will last the week?
He did not sound like a DG any time I've heard him being interviewed.
The Coveney thing was so dumb.
Coveney came in after a debacle that cost millions, said he was going to leave.
And then stuck his hand out for money. And this guy gave it to him.
Whatever about what Coveney would have got in the Labour Court, the idea that we had to pay him for doing what he already said he was gonna do. I mean, come on.

I'm not a huge fan of Fionnan Sheehan, but he's great at times like this.
Good on CB this morning.

The pols are all trying to cover their asses, while also being proxies for any righteous anger they feel is out there in the electorate
Which is a tricky balance at the best of times when you're in charge, but it's also fucking unhelpful

This sentence says so much about the state of the Labour party right now.

Cabinet ministers have backed their colleague Catherine Martin despite calls for her to step down, with the Labour Party describing her position as Media Minister as “untenable”.

Source: Ministers back Catherine Martin as she faces calls to step down over RTÉ crisis | BreakingNews.ie

If i'm reading it correctly

Catherine Martin has put a week into trying to get transparency around golden handshakes at an RTE that was documented publicly to be a financial mess.
Siún Ní Raghallaigh steps down because Martin said what happened on TV and rather than discuss it decided to leg it.
RTE general staff are actually raging about all this shit going on over their heads*
And labour party, supposedly supposed to stand up for workers and unions and all that craic is going for

So apparently according to Labour Catherine Martin is untenable because she exposed a golden handshake deal that used public money.

Labour should be giving her birthday bumps.

*this is indicated by just how much negative coverage RTE have given RTE in the past few weeks. They are not circling wagons.

This sentence says so much about the state of the Labour party right now.

If i'm reading it correctly

Catherine Martin has put a week into trying to get transparency around golden handshakes at an RTE that was documented publicly to be a financial mess.
Siún Ní Raghallaigh steps down because Martin said what happened on TV and rather than discuss it decided to leg it.
RTE general staff are actually raging about all this shit going on over their heads*
And labour party, supposedly supposed to stand up for workers and unions and all that craic is going for

So apparently according to Labour Catherine Martin is untenable because she exposed a golden handshake deal that used public money.

Labour should be giving her birthday bumps.

*this is indicated by just how much negative coverage RTE have given RTE in the past few weeks. They are not circling wagons.

Another view is that SNR held multi-day meetings with Martin. Then after the fact SNR realised she had given Martin bad info, and let her know.
Martin goes on TV like she's been lied to, presumably so she can look like the strong hand sorting out these messers in Montrose.
But it's likely that Martin's department knew all along about this package.
Very likely that this is all grandstanding with no intention other than burnishing Martin's brand. And she's effectively sacked someone who was trying to fix the mess.

It's every opposition party's job to have a go at the govt.
I'm sure Ivana would rather be on talking about something else, but this is the current media obsession.

Another view is that SNR held multi-day meetings with Martin. Then after the fact SNR realised she had given Martin bad info, and let her know.

Bakhursts first line was denial, and then admission, and then admission of an ever expanding portfolio of golden handshakes. this has been the MO of RTE for this whole adventure - Martin is grandstanding surely, but Labour seem to not have the self awareness to see that they've rushed to defend the half million euro backhanders under the table.

I listened to the whole interview with Ivana.
I didn't hear her defend the packages one time. Quite the opposite. She was more calling Martin out for her slipperiness.

But I am old and was writing a work document at the time.

Very embarrassing that this is all happening with an English in charge

Imagine what he's saying about us to his people back home

Morto for us

Paywalled, but a comment by FOT there that when Ireland womens team were playing Italy, what RTE2 showed was a four year old episode of the Simpsons, and home and away. They had the match on rte news now, but bumped the first 15 minutes for a press conference.

Paywalled, but a comment by FOT there that when Ireland womens team were playing Italy, what RTE2 showed was a four year old episode of the Simpsons, and home and away. They had the match on rte news now, but bumped the first 15 minutes for a press conference.
I sadly forgot that match was on.
I realise there was a full programme of LOI fixtures that Friday evening but that night RTE 2 showed Ireland U20 rugby. Surely women's full international football team is more important than under age sport??

EDIT: Ireland v Wales on RTE 2 this evening from 7 pm

2nd EDIT:
The Catherine Martin controversy is much a do about fuck all in the grand scheme of things and is making the media look very out of touch in a country full of dire problems

Can someone summarise what Catherine Martin has done? I have no idea what this latest debacle is about.

It's moved the narrative off the RTE a Pele bit. If SNR was confident in her position she'd wouldnt bail - the MO has been to bail before hard questions get asked. Martin definitely played a little game but it would lead me to suspect she was confident in what would come of it - could be a few more layers of the onion here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back