the RTE thread (1 Viewer)

Microsoft thing? I didn’t got to that because I’d read he didn’t ever do any kind of meet & greet/photos stuff.
It was a little odd. I got a phone call from some woman in MS who asked would I like to attend the launch of office 2007, exchange 2007 and i think vista. i don't know how eager i sounded, but she then also said 'you can get an invite to lunch there provided by fitzers' and thought 'why not?'
she took my details and then as almost an afterthought asked 'would you like to meet neil armstrong too?'

his handshake lingered. he told me i was a lovely young man.

It was a little odd. I got a phone call from some woman in MS who asked would I like to attend the launch of office 2007, exchange 2007 and i think vista. i don't know how eager i sounded, but she then also said 'you can get an invite to lunch there provided by fitzers' and thought 'why not?'
she took my details and then as almost an afterthought asked 'would you like to meet neil armstrong too?'

his handshake lingered. he told me i was a lovely young man.
We're actively encouraged not to take free shit from companies, which is Good and Proper. But still.

yeah, same here now. but that was 16 years ago. i was surprised i got the phone call, there would have been half a dozen people more senior and more obvious to impress in the company than i'd have been.

only other notable bit of largesse i experienced was when one of two colleagues couldn't make it to a dinner that ironport (who'd just been bought by cisco) had invited them to. so i ended up in shanahans sitting beside an american chap called scott; nice guy but complete overdose of personality, it was exhausting talking to him. he paid; €1997 for ten of us, i do remember seeing the bill.
on the bus on the way home, the other colleague of mine texted me to let me know he'd just found out that was scott weiss, who along with his business partner had sold ironport to cisco for over $800m. the two lads had taken $400m each, and gave the rest to the staff IIRC.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Which board is this?
Anyone know?

The one that runs the show at Montrose or the board that liaises with the govt?

"The RTÉ Executive Board is responsible for the day-to-day running of RTÉ and is chaired by the Director General. Full profile. "

From google results but the actual page is down but way back machine has it here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

cynical types might facetiously ask: how is RTE going to possibly survive without an Executive Board, who are all paid exceptionally well because they are such pivotal people doing such a difficult job?

And the implied punchline would be: RTE will not even notice their absence, because like an enormous number of these organizations, particularly RTE, they do fuck all.

Obviously thumped isn't the place for cynical jokes like this, but I thought I'd outline the basic framework in case we came across it in the wild.

Tubs is actually coming off well here. The guess it’s not a million miles from his usual job but being in that room can be nerve wrecking even for professionals.

Tubs is actually coming off well here. The guess it’s not a million miles from his usual job but being in that room can be nerve wrecking even for professionals.
Missed it all

Is it still ongoing?

Might just jump on Liveline and float down the lazy river of anger

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back