The Radiators (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter ron
  • Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 1

ron

Anyone know much about them? I know they're Irish.

Seemingly released a seminal album called Ghostown in the late 70s. Supported U2 as The Radiators Plan 9 on the Saturday night.

An influence on Cathal Coughlan I believe.

Cheers

Can I buy a copy of Ghostown anywhere? If not can someone burn a copy or tape it pour moi?

Cheers

glen said:
What are dianogah like?
good. not bad. two bass guitars.

the (I think) guitarist from the radiators, pete holidai, taught/teaches in the music tech course in ballyer. taught me music business, which meant we basically sat around a lot and watched spinal tap.

plug said:
good. not bad. two bass guitars.

the (I think) guitarist from the radiators, pete holidai, taught/teaches in the music tech course in ballyer. taught me music business, which meant we basically sat around a lot and watched spinal tap.

ja, and cait o'riordan (ex pogues) plays bass, think theyre doing some kind of a release soon...i could be full of shit though.

fuck ghost-town its weird* their first album is where its at , one of the best first wave punk bands , kinda remind me of the members!

*weird = anything that isnt two a minute catchy,sing along song ,e.g pink floyd, the redneck manifesto ,any band that has "musicians" in it

yeah theyve just released a new e.p(the summer season e.p)with 2 new tracks and 2 old ones re-recorded live in grouse lodge..
most readily available in freebird..
and theyve rereleased both ghostown and tv tube heart..
members..
phil chevron-ex/current pogues
pete holidai-ex light a big fire
steve rapid-the man behind the U2 artwork/name
cait o riordain-ex/current pogues
jonnie bonnie-ex pinhead(ramones tribute)

played a blinder at croke park..
people were cautious at first(probably due to their age or some ballarks) but warmed to their stuff quickly..
better than U2 imo.
very nice/humble people.
check em out.
www.theradiators.tv

Yes they are better than U2(because that wouldn't be hard) and the records are great,but they should've stayed split. When they played the village last year it was awful,really lacking. Shame really because they really were once great.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Yes they are better than U2(because that wouldn't be hard) and the records are great,but they should've stayed split. When they played the village last year it was awful,really lacking. Shame really because they really were once great.
yes..very true..
i just think its a major shame that they didnt break through as they should/would have done back in the day if it wasnt for a few hinderances of sorts..
and the new stuff isnt a patch on the old stuff but fair play for getting it together after such a long gap and such..theyre really dedicated and love what theyre doing...

g-stereotypical said:
and the new stuff isnt a patch on the old stuff but fair play for getting it together after such a long gap and such..theyre really dedicated and love what theyre doing...

ah, the independent observer delivers his report! :D

eoinbox said:
ah, the independent observer delivers his report! :D
ah come on now..
i am delivering an independent observation of the band..
if anything my connection with the band makes me more critical of them.
im far from biased..

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
but they should've stayed split

must also stress that the new band is the radiators PLAN 9..
to quote themselves they are a radiators from space covers band..

but their point is its a new beggining..a new band..
debatable if its a better one though..
theyre better suited to '76 than '05
over and out..

g-stereotypical said:
must also stress that the new band is the radiators PLAN 9..
to quote themselves they are a radiators from space covers band..

but their point is its a new beggining..a new band..
debatable if its a better one though..
theyre better suited to '76 than '05
over and out..

A new band who play a set of songs from the old band. Cover band-every body with any sense knows cover bands are a waste of space.
Personally I'd much prefer to see them do something under a different name,logo and new sungs,even if it was rubbish than to be so reliant(is that a word?) on the greatness of thier past. But whatever,I'm not in the band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back