Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
dolezal.jpg

Unless she genuinely believed that she is in fact a black person then I've little sympathy for her.

I don't really feel anything about her. She's an odd lady I'll never meet that got caught in a lie, a big one.
Everyone on the internet seems to want to use her as a proxy for their own political views. Like they do with everything else.

I'm trying to step back and understand why this is such a massive, break the internet story.

I'm finding it hard to work myself up into the lather of indignation over Rachel Dolezal that the interwebs seem to be demanding.

It's a slightly odd little story.

But the internets habbit of appropriating today's odd little story and presenting it a proof of whatever point you are trying to make about gender, race etc etc etc ...

The world is a big place, there's an odd little story somewhere to go with whatever hair brained idea you are trying to peddle.

that is pretty much what every comment on every internet site showing that story is saying at this point. Everyone loves to be one reaction ahead of everyone else (see also, this post)

It's still a mental thing to do though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back