The People's Car (1 Viewer)

17trabant_600.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7180396.stm

€1,600 (ish) for a brand new car.

Wouldn't fancy having a crash in one but....

That's great. I hope that they do well. While I wouldn't fancy having a crash in one against something bigger I'd rather be in one of those than on the back of a 2 wheeler.

Thailand's contrasting mix of big pickups and motorbikes with at least 2 people on them leads to a huge number of deaths every year. My brother sees at least one accident a day on his way to work, and over half of them involve at least one death. There is probably a similar situation in India.

Edit: And although the Tata is a bit ugly it's no worse looking than the Ford Ka

That's great. I hope that they do well. While I wouldn't fancy having a crash in one against something bigger I'd rather be in one of those than on the back of a 2 wheeler.

Thailand's contrasting mix of big pickups and motorbikes with at least 2 people on them leads to a huge number of deaths every year. My brother sees at least one accident a day on his way to work, and over half of them involve at least one death. There is probably a similar situation in India.

your brother sees people dead in the streets every second day?!?

The very large populaition of India all start driving cars=massive increase in car emissions

= death planet

In fairness, tata have also bourht the patent on that car that runs entirely on hyper compressed air; it's due for commercial release in the next year or two, although givin that garages have no way of filling them up as yet, we'll see..

In fairness, tata have also bourht the patent on that car that runs entirely on hyper compressed air; it's due for commercial release in the next year or two, although givin that garages have no way of filling them up as yet, we'll see..

Does that mean that in a few years, we'll be stopping in a "petrol station" & saying

"€50 worth of air & a bottle of water please."

I always wanted one of these when i was a lad

dragster_cent_200_26181.jpg

The very large populaition of India all start driving cars=massive increase in car emissions

= death planet

The engine is only 624cc - smaller than the engine of a lot of motorbikes. And it is likely that it won't cause much more in the way of pollution compared to, say, a 15-20 year-old Honda 50 that hasn't been serviced in about 10 years.

The engine is only 624cc - smaller than the engine of a lot of motorbikes. And it is likely that it won't cause much more in the way of pollution compared to, say, a 15-20 year-old Honda 50 that hasn't been serviced in about 10 years.

tell that to the eco guys i heard ...they'd fight you tooth and nail on that one

me? i don't care, I'll be dead soon enough

Probably bigger than the motorbikes they currently use.

A small percentage increase in road users in a country with a population over a billion is going to have a whole lot more of an effect than any amount of old Hondas floating about over here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back