The New Year (1 Viewer)

chickenham

Since 2000
Just picked up 'The end is near' despite the lukewarm reviews. I think it's better on average than 'Newness ends' and I've been loving it with vigour ---- am I alone?

'Reconstruction' is still one of the best things ever put on record tho' says I.

chickenham said:
Just picked up 'The end is near' despite the lukewarm reviews. I think it's better on average than 'Newness ends' and I've been loving it with vigour ---- am I alone?

Like that reocord loads and loads

listened to it
constantly last summer, really dig the way it all flows from one track too the next... last track could've been left, but Start and 18 are amazing

yay The New Year

i started a "the new year are great" thread a while back, you guys must have been anyway!!

anyway they are smashin and i think "chinese handcuffs" is one of my fav's from them.|..| .|..|

chickenham said:

'Reconstruction' is still one of the best things ever put on record tho' says I.

Been revisiting this since your post - great album, especially side 1. You are not alone.

Some downloads here:
http://www.brainwashed.com/thenewyear/media.html

Reconstruction and Chinese Handcuffs are both amazing songs.they can be a bit too straightforward at times.not quite as good as codeine.supposedly bedhead are amazing but haven't seen any of their albums around recently

hermie said:
Reconstruction and Chinese Handcuffs are both amazing songs.they can be a bit too straightforward at times.not quite as good as codeine.supposedly bedhead are amazing but haven't seen any of their albums around recently
try and get the 10" of 'lepidoptera' by bedhead (on trance syndicate, i think)... it's a really great record, and a great 'concept single', as well. the b-side is the same music as the a-side, but played upside-down: as far as i know they wrote out all the music for the song, then got the page that the writing was on and rotated it 180 degrees, and decided that the result would make a great b-side.

hermie said:

They're pretty widely available, on Touch & Go (Trance Syndicate). My vote goes to Beheaded, but Transaction De Novo often gets the nod.

Best Bedhead record is first 10", The Dark Ages. One of the few songs where the other brother sings, and its amazing. Pisses all over everything else they've ever done

hermie said:

Personally I prefer Codeine to Bedhead but like Bedhead pretty well none the less.

Chris Brakow is playing in Limerick tomorrow as well. Should be well tasty.

tom. said:
try and get the 10" of 'lepidoptera' by bedhead (on trance syndicate, i think)... it's a really great record, and a great 'concept single', as well. the b-side is the same music as the a-side, but played upside-down: as far as i know they wrote out all the music for the song, then got the page that the writing was on and rotated it 180 degrees, and decided that the result would make a great b-side.

would those 10"s be widely available?must check them out if they are.love the 10" format for some reason.

hermie said:
would those 10"s be widely available?must check them out if they are.love the 10" format for some reason.

Doubtful. The Lepidoptera/Leper one was apparently ltd. to 500. The other was released c.1996.

Looks like The New Year are doing a Euro tour in November.

Fuck, i'd love if they came to Dublin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back