The New Year (1 Viewer)

i thought that when i got it but after living with it for a year i think it's better than that. probably the best, most consistent record the kadanes have done. 99/100.
Yeah it's crazy good! Any idea why Touch & Go have disassociated themselves with them? Haven't checked out the Overseas yet, you into that album?

Yeah it's crazy good! Any idea why Touch & Go have disassociated themselves with them? Haven't checked out the Overseas yet, you into that album?
no idea - maybe they got bored waiting. did you get the euro version? nice vinyl with a cd copy thrown in. have to admit getting the cd was what hooked me as it was the only cd i had in the van so i listened incessantly. must be 200+ times by now, 300+ for the beast, and i kept thinking i was going to ruin it by over-listening but that still hasn't happened.

never got the overseas record and really should. have the impression the kadanes are minority shareholders and i'm not sure they did any vocals/lyrics on it, plus i don't really know centromatic or bazan stuff. but i still should.

Yeah it's crazy good! Any idea why Touch & Go have disassociated themselves with them?

Because apart from the odd Shellac album, Touch & Go hasn't been a properly active label for a decade.

I need to hear more New Year. I played the hell out of Newness Ends when it came out. How the fuck was that 17 years ago?!

Because apart from the odd Shellac album, Touch & Go hasn't been a properly active label for a decade.

I need to hear more New Year. I played the hell out of Newness Ends when it came out. How the fuck was that 17 years ago?!
Maybe the odd Shellac record has blinded me to how inactive they've been but you're right!

Also Bedhead. Transaction de Novo is a stone cold classic.

no idea - maybe they got bored waiting. did you get the euro version? nice vinyl with a cd copy thrown in. have to admit getting the cd was what hooked me as it was the only cd i had in the van so i listened incessantly. must be 200+ times by now, 300+ for the beast, and i kept thinking i was going to ruin it by over-listening but that still hasn't happened.

never got the overseas record and really should. have the impression the kadanes are minority shareholders and i'm not sure they did any vocals/lyrics on it, plus i don't really know centromatic or bazan stuff. but i still should.
Yeah got the European issue from Grand Hotel van Cleef. CD is now in the car, ready to be torturously overplayed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back