The Necks... (1 Viewer)

Franco

..seem to be playing Limerick next saturday.

In the Dadhgha Space, St. John's Church.

They're deadly. Saw them last time in that Bank of Ireland gaff. Annoyingly creaky chairs almost drove me bananas though.

..seem to be playing Limerick next saturday.

In the Dadhgha Space, St. John's Church.

They're deadly. Saw them last time in that Bank of Ireland gaff. Annoyingly creaky chairs almost drove me bananas though.

I found myself nearly passing out with boredom, think I left after the first half of that bank of ireland show. apparently the second half was better
and from the sounds of it I was in the minority.

Yeah the start was really....really.....slow. 45mins of shite all. Second half was better. I was zoned out for the whole thing and enjoyed it.

Daghda Space? Hmm.. Its being listed around here as "University".. Still, will go see them anyway. I could have sworn there was a Necks thread on here recently as well about the gigs.. First I heard of them.. And yes, no Dublin date :)

Daghda Space? Hmm.. Its being listed around here as "University".. Still, will go see them anyway. I could have sworn there was a Necks thread on here recently as well about the gigs.. First I heard of them.. And yes, no Dublin date :)

It's in St. John's alright. Saturday 3rd Nov, 8 bells.

€10 for adults / €5 for scummy UL students.

It's in St. John's alright. Saturday 3rd Nov, 8 bells.

€10 for adults / €5 for scummy UL students.

Score, a five euro gig .|..|.|..|.|..|

Besides, anyone that goes to Soundings gig will know that usually never end up charging in anyway. KK Null was supposed to be 15 quid and about 5 of us just walked in and no one at the door.. No one else coming in after us got charged either

twas very good. sarc is very cool. i'd love to hear some electronics in that space. apparently they do regular gigs there, so i'll have to check it out.

twas very good. sarc is very cool. i'd love to hear some electronics in that space. apparently they do regular gigs there, so i'll have to check it out.

made it after all. amen to the above. thought the first set was a bit slow to get going - first third felt like they were feeling around for a common direction which finally materialised in the middle third which was sublime, esp. the bowed bass. second set was spellbinding (though i detected a couple of bum notes from the bass, no?) and as rocking as anything i've heard them do.

made it to limerick on saturday, too. if anything this was the best of the three sets, but they did only play one 60min set there, as paul smyth opened the gig. nothing against paul, but i'd have preferred two from the necks. but what it lacked in quantity, it made up for in quality - maybe the best i've ever seen them and their use of the churchs resonance convinced many in the audience that there were samples, electronics, etc. at play - you hear a two-note bass figure and realise its coming from the (tuned) drums, or a ringing piano note actually coming from the bass, or a flute coming from...? magic stuff.

made it after all. amen to the above. thought the first set was a bit slow to get going - first third felt like they were feeling around for a common direction which finally materialised in the middle third which was sublime, esp. the bowed bass. second set was spellbinding (though i detected a couple of bum notes from the bass, no?) and as rocking as anything i've heard them do.

made it to limerick on saturday, too. if anything this was the best of the three sets, but they did only play one 60min set there, as paul smyth opened the gig. nothing against paul, but i'd have preferred two from the necks. but what it lacked in quantity, it made up for in quality - maybe the best i've ever seen them and their use of the churchs resonance convinced many in the audience that there were samples, electronics, etc. at play - you hear a two-note bass figure and realise its coming from the (tuned) drums, or a ringing piano note actually coming from the bass, or a flute coming from...? magic stuff.

ha. i dunno what you look like. or do i?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back