Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Deserters Songs

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • All Is Dream

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • The Secret Migration

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
I caught them at the begining of the Deserters Song tour in the redbox, they were *okay* they did the album, fine, Darragh Purcell nearly knocked over my girlfrend, the prick, grand... I saw them a year or so later in the Olympia at the end of that tour. Totally amazing, the place was half emptpy they looked ravaged, played the fuck out of everything, did Frittering and Carwash Hair, loud and noisy complete choas, evern the DS stuff sounded rocking. I think that may have been the last flash of deadly they had left in them...

I caught them at the begining of the Deserters Song tour in the redbox, they were *okay* they did the album, fine, Darragh Purcell nearly knocked over my girlfrend, the prick, grand... I saw them a year or so later in the Olympia at the end of that tour. Totally amazing, the place was half emptpy they looked ravaged, played the fuck out of everything, did Frittering and Carwash Hair, loud and noisy complete choas, evern the DS stuff sounded rocking. I think that may have been the last flash of deadly they had left in them...

thought it is worth pointing out that at one gig I was totally straight, the other gig I was all smoked up, so...

Anyone at the show in The Rock Garden?

I remember Rollerskate Skinny were really cool but the drugs weren't working for me that night & spent most of the night in the toilets hiding from David Baker's scary vocals.

Agreed.

frittering was an amazing tune off yerself is steam.

Frittering, for me is their very best song. It always lasted the journey from my house to Kilbarreck Dart station, watching the Seagulls do their thing over St Mary's school yard. Its all about context I suppose.

Saw them in Vicar St a couple of years ago, and like nEILo said, your man was very very annoying.

I used to work with Paul Dillon. I never even knew he was into music...never mind that he would quit the job to go play bass for Mercury Rev.

Surreal stuff talking to him about this at his leaving do.

Saw them in the rock garden, great gig.
Saw them in the Mean Fiddler, good gig.
Saw them in the Olympia, left after a few songs.

Thought the Mean Fiddler one was dire. That's when they lost it for me. Totally pointless and endless cover of Cortez The Killer. Rock Garden gig was great.

Had to sit through them supporting Nick Cave in Paris two or three years ago too. Painful.

B0009F2BYO.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I was at something like their forth ever show. It was at the Reading Festival. Apparently, they didn't do any shows before Yerself is steam came out and when it did to such a buzz they were instantly offered really big gigs.
The one before the Reading Festival was opening for Bob Dylan in some arena where they suspended a stack of guitars from the ceiling and let them hum away throughout the show.
This may all be bollox and the product of a really good press agent but i remember being impressed in 1991 when anything that sounded a bit like hit to death in the future head got me wild excited.

i only ever saw them once - at wittness in 2002 and i expected nothing at all from them but i surprised myself by enjoying it and being impressed despite it being all slick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back