Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Deserters Songs

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • All Is Dream

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • The Secret Migration

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
s'cept David Bakers solo record was shite as was Grasshoppers and I tried really really hard to like them

Somewhere between Desreter's Songs and All Is Dream when they went from kerrazy acid casualties to Woodstock-era The Band knock-offs to finally being photographed in shades on top of mountains without their guitars plugged in.
It's almost tragic how they've sunk.

Nah...it's just that Yerself Is Steam was such a great record-still stands up and gets a regular spin.

No 'Lego My Ego' or 'Harmony Rockets' in yr. poll btw-but not to worry-I wouldn't have voted for either ;-)

i will have to decided between yerself is steam and see you on the other side...

the first two songs on deserters songs were deadly then they went tits up. i like boces too but it was just a bit more of the same. hi speed boats (? was that it?) is cool. frittering was an amazing tune off yerself is steam.

s'cept David Bakers solo record was shite as was Grasshoppers and I tried really really hard to like them

i hear you, but i imagine there was some kind of finely balanced insanity amongst all the members which made the first couple of albums so amazing. once one member of the asylum left, it matured into mediocrity.

I couldn't stand Deserter's songs. Whiney bollocks.
And everybody, every magazine, the whole rest of the world thought it was the definition of utter class, and put it on, and just completely wrecked any buzz at all. I remember even having to leave a party because I saw someone putting it in the CD player, and I didn't want to say anything, so I just legged it. And I was not not not in a state to be walking home at the time.

I really didn't like that album.

frittering was an amazing tune off yerself is steam.

yeah that's true... hhhmmmm....

I remember the first time I heard Chasing A Bee and the "solo" comes in

I thought my the tape was chewing up in my walkman

Exhibit 2

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

See You On The Other Side for me edges it just ahead of Yerself and Deserter's (oooh controversial)
It's got Sudden Ray of Hope. Nuff said.
First 4 albums are great. last two are not.

Also, I don't know any band that managed to write an entire album with the exact same 3 chords for every single song

My GF insisted on seeing them at the Electric Picnic a couple of years back. Absolute crap. She made me stay for the whole set, because I was complaining so much. I have never seen such poncey crap in all my life. JD kept bowing like a fucking ballerina after every song. I'm pretty sure he was picking up imaginary bouquets at the end of the show. What a twat! Absolute bollocks.

Anyway, Yerself Is Steam gets my vote. Amazing album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back