The Kindly Ones (1 Viewer)

You're not talking about this I take it.

518VX7KWADL._SS500_.jpg

I wouldve said;
'I take it you are talking about this'

and then posted that same image

I read about this book and thought it sounded interesting but the mixture of pervertalist sex and the Holocaust did sound like something straight out of that Taschen book of Men's Adventure magazines.

some people seemed to think the sexual stuff in it made the character into too much of a weirdo, therefore taking away from the "normal man forced into terrible situation" sort of thing. i think it was quite realistic though.one only has to look on the internet to see how many people enjoy kinky sex and sadomasochism. think it goes a bit over the top in its descriptions of his fantasies, drags on a bit.

Yeah sure, but while lots of people like odd sexual stuff, it's a bit of a leap to say "OMG the Nazis did teh holocaust because they were PERVERTALISTS", as the reviews of the book suggest it implies.

no i dont think it does at all, in fact it makes very clear the various reasons for the holocaust and theories as to how it came to be seen as a necessity. the main characters perverse fantasies and sexual weirdness is a seperate issue altogether in the book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back