The Incredibles (1 Viewer)

Wavioli

Got to go to the irish premiere of this on saturday morning.
Have to say its the best pixar film yet, damn funny and amazing looking. The kids in the cinema didnt seem to enjoy it as much as they would have done finding nemo and dat.

4 toilets.

!bog !bog !bog !bog

im looking forward to this... wanted to see it ever since i heard it was about a has-been superhero who nobody appreciates anymore.. i love movies about underdogs and the underloved

speaking of which, must watch falling down again

Alan Remorse said:
im looking forward to this... wanted to see it ever since i heard it was about a has-been superhero who nobody appreciates anymore.. i love movies about underdogs and the underloved

speaking of which, must watch falling down again

Fuck you captain. Fuck you very much.

that was absolutely tremendous, loved it

they showed the episode 3 trailer before it, and cinema was really chatty. entire place went deathly silent when they released what it was, and the bit when james earl jones voice boomed out of the speakers was the best thing in the world ever! ever!!!

Boo!! I missed the trailers before. The Incredibles was fucking great though! so funny and just wonderful. Superheroes are what its all about.

saw this today.

it was shite.

i loved the scenes with mr incredible being down and out in his shite job.

however, they just had to ruin it by falling into the stupid family values, middle america, "you can do anything if you believe in yourself" trap.

twee nonsense.

shudder.

Alan Remorse said:
saw this today.

it was shite.

i loved the scenes with mr incredible being down and out in his shite job.

however, they just had to ruin it by falling into the stupid family values, middle america, "you can do anything if you believe in yourself" trap.

twee nonsense.

shudder.
Its a disney family movie you dumbass! What did u expect? Mr Incredible would ditch his family, and become a lone rebel who made a social commentary on the American dream by slicing up cheerleaders with a chainsaw, before going into hiding inside the giant letters on the hollywood hills, where he becomes a gibbering recluse, who's only interest is digging holes and filling himself in completely naked up to his neck?

Maybe in the sequel dude :rolleyes:

Wavioli said:
Its a disney family movie you dumbass! What did u expect? Mr Incredible would ditch his family, and become a lone rebel who made a social commentary on the American dream by slicing up cheerleaders with a chainsaw, before going into hiding inside the giant letters on the hollywood hills, where he becomes a gibbering recluse, who's only interest is digging holes and filling himself in completely naked up to his neck?
Strangely, this is exactly what objectivists are complaining about. They're saying that the movie is all about how the "superior" among us should be given special treatment (using their superpowers when the law says they're not allowed) and complaining about how "ordinary" lives just aren't up to scratch - complaining about how people are "celebrating mediocrity", like referring to Dash's moving from fourth to fifth grade as "graduating".

Of course, these are all assholes who like to read things that aren't there. Kind of like the people who read "Fight Club" as a grown-up Calvin and Hobbes. Only less interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back